Round oak 16

Tony_capicola

Post by Tony_capicola » Sat. Jun. 05, 2021 4:08 pm

ImageImageRound oak 16 . Looking for some knowledge Ideas proper way to fix can you still get rivets how can I replace the barrel? welding not an option to thin ? I’m gonna try and put some pictures also are there any books on round oak or parlor stoves Also looking for a store for parts .

this round oak 16 I Don’t know if it’s a wood only or wood and coal. Also don’t know if there is shaker grate used on this model. There is a flat round grate the separates the fire box ash area. This grate is half solid other half 20 , 25 3/4 inch holes. Also movable as spin flat . Why? Which is the proper way
Doors are attached to the door frame ( what is that called) then riveted to the barrel?
There is rust at the bottom where the rivets attach to th fire box / barrel so now has slack and is not safe . To thin to weld I tried . Some rivets are good some rivets are slowly deteriorating what options do I have as to the barrel and how can I put pictures on here to show I plan on using this in my house if I can get it together as of right now it’s pretty much taken apart I’m getting all the surface rust off and painting them with 2000° temperature paint. Thanks in advance Image[/img]

Attachments

9804E977-FA18-4C3F-B42E-9907C8BBE5A1.png
.PNG | 3.1MB | 9804E977-FA18-4C3F-B42E-9907C8BBE5A1.png
B927F0B1-75AA-47B3-B712-35C3CBD5182E.jpeg
.JPEG | 754KB | B927F0B1-75AA-47B3-B712-35C3CBD5182E.jpeg

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Sun. Jun. 06, 2021 7:48 am

Welcome Tony,

Many round oaks have survived, so if you do an internet search, there's quite a bit of info about them. And they have been discussed quite a few times on this site, so using the search feature on this site will also bring up pictures and info.

A few of our members restore stove professionally, so they could supply you with a new barrel. They also can weld cast iron, which takes special equipment and skill that many welders don't have.

We need pictures of the grates to know if they are the type used with coal, or not.
The round plate with the holes is a "wood plate" that gets set on top of the grates when burning wood. It's possable that you have coal grates as a wood plates was sometimes supplied with them.

Paul

Tony_capicola

Post by Tony_capicola » Thu. Jun. 10, 2021 3:15 am

I have a picture of the grate. And I also found out I am missing a part the goes behind bigger door. Think it’s called a baffle? Thank you for getting back to me . I have tried the google thing not working for me . I am not computer smart I don’t have a computer this phone is all I have .

Attachments

IMG_9125.MOV
.MOV | 14.4MB | IMG_9125.MOV

Tony_capicola

Post by Tony_capicola » Thu. Jun. 10, 2021 3:20 am

Above is the only grate that came with it. I don’t know if you can see a 15 sec vid I put up. Something is missing on the back of this door.

Return to “Antiques, Baseburners, Kitchen Stoves, Restorations & Modern Reproductions”