Buying a Florence 77

HandFire
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS 110
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut

Post by HandFire » Fri. May. 21, 2021 7:56 am

Looks pretty clean, good choice. Instead of brasso try some Blue Magic. It turns your hands into a buffing machine and is easier to work with around detail crevices. Really puts a nice smooth mirror shine down.

cansparkle
Other Heating: Regular heating

Post by cansparkle » Fri. May. 21, 2021 11:12 am

HandFire wrote:
Fri. May. 21, 2021 7:56 am
Looks pretty clean, good choice. Instead of brasso try some Blue Magic. It turns your hands into a buffing machine and is easier to work with around detail crevices. Really puts a nice smooth mirror shine down.
Blue magic. Thanks for the tip, I appreciate all the help with the little things.

grumpy

Post by grumpy » Fri. May. 21, 2021 12:42 pm

cansparkle wrote:
Thu. May. 20, 2021 10:33 pm
Thank you grumpy. I will definitely follow your instructions. I have to get some Rutlands, brasso,and order some mica. I'll be cleaning the nickel while hubby is building the hearth pad and back mantle wall. We will start from the bottom up as soon that is complete. I am so excited and will definitely be popping in with updates. What type of paint do you recommend?
I use high heat bbq paint, never a problem..

Wal
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Deville 600 , Colombian stove works morning star nu22
Baseburners & Antiques: Red Cross garnet mica baseburner double heater
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite / smokeless ovoids
Other Heating: Gas central heating / antique cast iron radiators

Post by Wal » Fri. Jun. 04, 2021 1:30 am

If you don’t want to paint the stove try graphite stove polish , it gives the stove a grey lustrous sheen, also it won’t peel or flake off like paint can . Also I think the grey colour picks out the ornate detailing on your stove better than black ( only my opinion) . Good luck with your restoration 👍.

Tony_capicola

Post by Tony_capicola » Sat. Jun. 05, 2021 3:50 pm

Is that a C Emrich . I have 1 missing parts cracks it’s really now just a show piece . Unless I can get parts. Did you get it!

Return to “Antiques, Baseburners, Kitchen Stoves, Restorations & Modern Reproductions”