Need brick! Locke 120

Sunnyincolodado

Post by Sunnyincolodado » Thu. Feb. 18, 2021 7:34 pm

Hello. I am looking for chimney bricks for a Locke 120. Does anyone reproduce these or have good condition ones they are willing to sell?
Thanks

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Fri. Feb. 19, 2021 8:52 am

You may not find any. Include locke and warm morning in your search. Several members here have restored these stoves. You can start by searching this members posts. He has restored several of them and has some videos on youtube too. Sorry but Im not any more help with it. I didnt have any luck finding one without broken bricks as everyone burns wood here and they get broken that way. search.php?author_id=21012&sr=posts

KingCoal
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 1 comforter stove works all iron coal box stove, seventies.
Baseburners & Antiques: 2014 DTS C17 Base Burner, GW #6, GW 113 formerly Sir Williams, maybe others at Pauliewog’s I’ve forgotten about
Coal Size/Type: Nut Anth.
Other Heating: none

Post by KingCoal » Fri. Feb. 19, 2021 9:24 am

IF you can get a reply from Buck47 he is indeed the most likely help.

on the other hand, there are guys here that have those stoves that might be willing to cast you a pair off their originals, maybe

I don't have any anymore, cleared most of my good WM stuff.

steve

PS, member jubileejerry might be able to help you get ahold of Buck47

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Fri. Feb. 19, 2021 10:02 am

There is a member here who shows how he used a masonry wet saw and configured brick cuts to copy the needed bricks. I'll see if I can find and add that thread link...

Hillbilly
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm morning 400B.
Baseburners & Antiques: Germer Radient Home A18, Glenwood #8 Baseheater, Phillips & Clark Oakvale Andes 161.
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Stove Bituminious
Other Heating: Electric baseboard

Post by Hillbilly » Fri. Feb. 19, 2021 10:41 am

Have you tried Woodmans Parts Plus?

KingCoal
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 1 comforter stove works all iron coal box stove, seventies.
Baseburners & Antiques: 2014 DTS C17 Base Burner, GW #6, GW 113 formerly Sir Williams, maybe others at Pauliewog’s I’ve forgotten about
Coal Size/Type: Nut Anth.
Other Heating: none

Post by KingCoal » Fri. Feb. 19, 2021 11:22 am

McG, that vid and pics were for a square body stove and awesome for the application. the same technique could be used to just cut standard hardware store splits on angles to match the rest of the radius bricks in the 120-520 stove and eliminate the chimneys.

the big question is if the stove will burn strictly anth. or maybe Bit and or Lignite. you need the chimneys for the later two due to heavy volatile production of those fuels. the 120-520 stoves have enough secondary in the top casting to deal with the gasses from Anth. if used properly.

no luck at woodsmans, haven't seen any of the "spear head" chimney bricks for sale new for a long time.

Return to “Antiques, Baseburners, Kitchen Stoves, Restorations & Modern Reproductions”