McClary Fawn 1882

nortcan

Post by nortcan » Tue. Jun. 11, 2019 1:50 pm

I just got a wood stove McClary Fawn 1882 3 loading doors, seems complete and in good condition. On the seller's photo at least :roll: but when we arrived at his home, they moved the stove and the long bolts holding the top, center and bottom parts broke and the stove was then in a messy condition but not a so big deal, in fact it gave me the chance to see the inside of it…I will tear it apart and ...on the road again... :yes:
Someone have informations about that stove?
A nice thing found on that stove is a sliding damper in front of the 3 mica windows on the inside side, probably to protect the mica from the black coating when starting a fire or when going to bed ???

The photos are from the seller's add.

Attachments

FullSizeRender.jpg
.JPG | 569.4KB | FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender (003).jpg
.JPG | 535KB | FullSizeRender (003).jpg
FullSizeRender (005).jpg
.JPG | 639.1KB | FullSizeRender (005).jpg

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Tue. Jun. 11, 2019 4:35 pm

Ok, who are you,... and what have you done with the real, coal-burning Nortcan ?

Guys, I think some wood burner hijacked Nortcan and is going to want ten cords of seasoned hard wood to release him, or continue to hold him hostage and force him to split cord wood. :o

Paul

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Tue. Jun. 11, 2019 4:55 pm

Damn Pierre--what Paul said!!! LOL

nortcan

Post by nortcan » Tue. Jun. 11, 2019 6:02 pm

freetown fred wrote:
Tue. Jun. 11, 2019 4:55 pm
Damn Pierre--what Paul said!!! LOL
You know FF, don't believe all you read, so many fake news todays, very far from the antique good time :) :D :lol:

nortcan

Post by nortcan » Tue. Jun. 11, 2019 6:04 pm

Sunny Boy wrote:
Tue. Jun. 11, 2019 4:35 pm
Ok, who are you,... and what have you done with the real, coal-burning Nortcan ?

Guys, I think some wood burner hijacked Nortcan and is going to want ten cords of seasoned hard wood to release him, or continue to hold him hostage and force him to split cord wood. :o

Paul
Paul
Nortcan is a new Nortcan, well, he thinks so :angel:

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Wed. Jun. 12, 2019 8:11 am

I want the old Nortcan back.

Do not waste your time with wood stoves. Buy a wonderful old coal stove again, spend 5 years dismantling and rebuilding and learning about it and then sell and deliver it to me. By then I will saved enough to buy it from you. Perhaps a Wherle 100 would be a good project. You need something to entertain you in those long QC winters. I also have a Bombardier SW48 that needs rebuilding and all the parts are only in QC.

Idle hands are the devils handmaiden ... it will take you the rest of the summer just to translate that one. Google will not help you there. A saying from my grandmother.

nortcan

Post by nortcan » Wed. Jun. 12, 2019 9:50 am

coalnewbie wrote:
Wed. Jun. 12, 2019 8:11 am
I want the old Nortcan back.

Do not waste your time with wood stoves. Buy a wonderful old coal stove again, spend 5 years dismantling and rebuilding and learning about it and then sell and deliver it to me. By then I will saved enough to buy it from you. Perhaps a Wherle 100 would be a good project. You need something to entertain you in those long QC winters. I also have a Bombardier SW48 that needs rebuilding and all the parts are only in QC.

Idle hands are the devils handmaiden ... it will take you the rest of the summer just to translate that one. Google will not help you there. A saying from my grandmother.
Hi my friend, my hands are not idling at all, rebuild a wood stove is as fun as rebuilding a coal stove :yes: and in less than 5 yrs, I will go back to your *nice paradise* and sell you that woodstove and the bombardier's parts you need :clap: :yes: :out: I hope that all is good for you and yours.

coalnewbie

Post by coalnewbie » Wed. Jun. 12, 2019 10:01 am

The electric power company as part of summer maintenance sawed down a number of nice sized trees, and chopped them into 4' sized pieces and left them on my land. Steve (over the road) asked if he could have them for burning. He dragged them over to his land and spend a lovely Sunday afternoon sweating away with his chain saw. Thank God I got rid of all that chit. Do people actually risk a house fire and burn that stuff? Sooooo primitive..

So Pierre, I would advise your chances of selling me that wood stove were not so good.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Wed. Jun. 12, 2019 10:51 am

:lol: Indeed my good Canadian coal brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nortcan wrote:
Tue. Jun. 11, 2019 6:02 pm
You know FF, don't believe all you read, so many fake news todays, very far from the antique good time :) :D :lol:

nortcan

Post by nortcan » Wed. Jun. 12, 2019 12:33 pm

coalnewbie wrote:
Wed. Jun. 12, 2019 10:01 am
The electric power company as part of summer maintenance sawed down a number of nice sized trees, and chopped them into 4' sized pieces and left them on my land. Steve (over the road) asked if he could have them for burning. He dragged them over to his land and spend a lovely Sunday afternoon sweating away with his chain saw. Thank God I got rid of all that chit. Do people actually risk a house fire and burn that stuff? Sooooo primitive..

So Pierre, I would advise your chances of selling me that wood stove were not so good.

You know coalnewbie, my Grand Mother also had a saying : *on ne doit jamais dire jamais*, :lol: take all your Summer to translate it...and after that, just tell me when you want the stove in your home :yes:

nortcan

Post by nortcan » Wed. Jun. 12, 2019 12:43 pm

freetown fred wrote:
Wed. Jun. 12, 2019 10:51 am
:lol: Indeed my good Canadian coal brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a nice Summer time my faithful USA friend.
You know, when I was a coal burner I was a good man, and now that I have heat pump...and restore a wood stove I became treacherous...

So good to be on the forum :?: :?: :?:

coalnewbie

Post by coalnewbie » Wed. Jun. 12, 2019 2:29 pm

OK, never say never but if the anthracite fields close I will join the aristocracy headed by Nortcan and Rob R. and get heat pumps.

gardener

Post by gardener » Wed. Jun. 12, 2019 4:29 pm

Does it have a cook top under the crown?
beautiful parlor stove

nortcan

Post by nortcan » Wed. Jun. 12, 2019 6:21 pm

gardener wrote:
Wed. Jun. 12, 2019 4:29 pm
Does it have a cook top under the crown?
beautiful parlor stove

Hi gardener
Yes it does have a cook top, in fact I bought it cause I found it very nice. I will send more photos on the dis-assembly and on the re-assembly, so my friend Coalnewbie will get jealous and will implore me to bring him the stove as soon as possible :D

nortcan

Post by nortcan » Wed. Jun. 12, 2019 6:26 pm

coalnewbie wrote:
Wed. Jun. 12, 2019 2:29 pm
OK, never say never but if the anthracite fields close I will join the aristocracy headed by Nortcan and Rob R. and get heat pumps.

You will be receive like a King in that congregation :yes: Bravo, votre traduction est très rapide... :yes:

Return to “Antiques, Baseburners, Kitchen Stoves, Restorations & Modern Reproductions”