Glenwood baseburner on craigslist

Donb
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Chappee
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm morning
Coal Size/Type: Nut in both
Other Heating: Propain

Post by Donb » Tue. Jan. 08, 2019 8:17 pm

Just found it, not mine, unknown condition. Doing a favor for anyone here on the forum looking for one.
Don

https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/atq/d/walden- ... 00343.html

Attachments

78349750-E110-484E-BEB9-CE7406932787.png
.PNG | 456.8KB | 78349750-E110-484E-BEB9-CE7406932787.png

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Wed. Jan. 09, 2019 10:01 am

Just from what I can see in the pictures,....

That big crack in the firepot skirt that might indicate that it also has swelling or crack problem with the firepot that forced the skirt to expand too much.

I don't see the two boot rails, or the handle for the back pipe damper.

The cracked firepot skirt, plus the missing damper handle, makes me suspect the stove was run too hot. In which case, the floor pan of the base chamber is likely cracked, which is not uncommon to these base heaters. That's why Wilson made the plate steel base pan that is in mine.

Paul

Pauliewog
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska 140 Dual Paddle Feed
Baseburners & Antiques: Fame Rosemont #20, Home Stove Works #25, Glenwood #6, Happy Thought Oak, Merry Bride #214, Sunnyside, Worlds Argand #114, New Golden Sun , & About 30 others.
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Chesnut, Pea, Rice / Anthracite

Post by Pauliewog » Wed. Jan. 09, 2019 7:01 pm

The base pan is cracked in rear corner, back pipe is rust jacked, tabs are broken off of check damper elbow.

Gas ring, spark guard, spark guard retainer plate, boot rests, and ash pan is missing.
Grates are servicable.

Paulie

KingCoal
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 1 comforter stove works all iron coal box stove, seventies.
Baseburners & Antiques: 2014 DTS C17 Base Burner, GW #6, GW 113 formerly Sir Williams, maybe others at Pauliewog’s I’ve forgotten about
Coal Size/Type: Nut Anth.
Other Heating: none

Post by KingCoal » Wed. Jan. 09, 2019 7:11 pm

haha, it's going to be awhile for anyone to post up a glenwood or much of any stove that Paulie hasnt' already seen and asked all the questions about.

in all honesty, if you want to find stoves PM Paul about his search notifications. otherwise be ready to make calls that go unanswered or find out stuff is not all that or more likely SOLD to Paulie's Stove Rescue.

i'm thinkin of moving to PA just to be a shop swab so i can see all the neat stuff going on.

just sayin'
steve

Pauliewog
Baseburners & Antiques: Fame Rosemont #20, Home Stove Works #25, Glenwood #6, Happy Thought Oak, Merry Bride #214, Sunnyside, Worlds Argand #114, New Golden Sun , & About 30 others.

Post by Pauliewog » Wed. Jan. 09, 2019 7:39 pm

Opps..... Forgot to mention that the barrel is rusted thru in the back where the gas ring once set.

The skirt ring is also cracked almost directly across from the crack shown in the picture.

I made him an offer to pick up as a parts stove.

Paulie

Pauliewog

Post by Pauliewog » Wed. Jan. 09, 2019 7:42 pm

KingCoal wrote:
Wed. Jan. 09, 2019 7:11 pm
haha, it's going to be awhile for anyone to post up a glenwood or much of any stove that Paulie hasnt' already seen and asked all the questions about.

in all honesty, if you want to find stoves PM Paul about his search notifications. otherwise be ready to make calls that go unanswered or find out stuff is not all that or more likely SOLD to Paulie's Stove Rescue.

i'm thinkin of moving to PA just to be a shop swab so i can see all the neat stuff going on.

just sayin'
steve
:lol: :lol: I talked to him for about an hour .

Paulie

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Tue. Jan. 22, 2019 8:56 pm

You two guys kill me. LOL! Thanks for the tip Kingcoal.

Return to “Antiques, Baseburners, Kitchen Stoves, Restorations & Modern Reproductions”