Choosing A Coal Burning Stove for the House

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Thu. Nov. 10, 2022 8:55 am

jdode wrote:
Tue. Nov. 08, 2022 10:51 pm
Does anyone know if this vintage Earth Stove will take coal? It has the rear flue that would work at my present house.
EDIT: I found an online manual and there's no mention of using coal.
Wood only. Creosote machine.

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Thu. Nov. 10, 2022 8:57 am

jdode wrote:
Tue. Nov. 08, 2022 10:13 pm
I'm back and looking for a stove that will burn coal and wood. This is what I found. A reconditioned, probably 90's, Earth Stove. I haven't made the purchase, yet.
Screenshot_20221108-094108_Facebook.jpg
Wood burner only. This is a better than average wood stove. It has a catalyst to burn smoke low and slow and a thermostat for constant consistent heat making it function just like a Hitzer or DS coal stove.

Likely a model 1002-c or 1003-c. Likely have to buy a manual online if you can find one.

Takes a firecat catalytic combustor which came as original equipment.

Earth stove was bought out by Lennox. This particular stove is as close to a Blaze King as you can get without actually buying a Blaze King. This Earthstove is a very decent model.
https://www.google.com/search?q=earth+stove+1003c ... =664&dpr=3

Return to “Antiques, Baseburners, Kitchen Stoves, Restorations & Modern Reproductions”