Vegas Rat Rods

gardener

Post by gardener » Sat. Dec. 08, 2018 7:04 pm

Since I have been talking about coal burning stoves/inserts, apparently my in-laws (who watch a lot of television) have started to notice the stoves in shows. Today my father-in-law was giddy to show me an episode of Vegas Rat Rods on his DVR. I don't know if it is a recent episode or rerun, but WOW! the guy had more than 20 antique stoves. I only saw the first two minutes of the show, so I imagine there was more about this guy's collection. On the Discovery website for the show, supposedly the guy wagered one of the stoves, says "looking to make big bets on an antique Red Cross stove". I will see if I can get a screen grab from the first two minutes when they panned this guy's collection. Here is a screen grab from the Discovery page.

Any chance this guy is a member of this forum?
Think they said his name was Davie or something like that, a block mason in Vegas area that works on restoring old tractors.

Oh and another question, if you did see the beginning of the show, what is the stove at the back of the room centered??? it appears to be the largest stove in his collection, I don't recognize that one.

Attachments

VegasRatRods.png
.PNG | 176.2KB | VegasRatRods.png

gardener

Post by gardener » Sat. Dec. 08, 2018 7:20 pm

Finally got the Discovery webpage clip to play, they show more about the stoves, probably stuff that is not in the episode.
The guy introduces himself as Dave Alexander (mason, I assume from Vegas), he has a stove collection because he restores them and sells them, in this clip they go to a room of stoves he has collected that are not yet restored, but near the beginning they do have a scene of his restored collection. Father-in-law thought those tags hanging off the stove were for selling to prospective buyers, he was right. Anyways in this screen grab you can see the large antique stove at the center back I have not seen before.
Anyone recognize it?
Anyone know if this guy has a website? or does he operate a stove restoration business?

Attachments

VegasRatRods2.png
.PNG | 1.3MB | VegasRatRods2.png

gardener

Post by gardener » Sat. Dec. 08, 2018 7:26 pm

This is as good a screen grab from the Discovery clip as I could get of the stove I am especially curious about.

Attachments

VegasRatRods3.png
.PNG | 242.5KB | VegasRatRods3.png

gardener

Post by gardener » Tue. Jan. 29, 2019 8:07 am

Sorry for resurrecting this thread.
Since I started it I figure I would round it off with what I found.
This guy has a handle of Dave 'the stove guy'.
Found his offerings while viewing a gallery webpage of stoves, most of which look like they were coming from pInterest.
The stove that caught my attention is a Radiant Home 7-K.

Return to “Antiques, Baseburners, Kitchen Stoves, Restorations & Modern Reproductions”