Looking for part diagram for Glenwood Oak No 3 1899

stovehospital

Post by stovehospital » Fri. Sep. 28, 2018 7:30 pm

Glenwood made the 2,3,4,5,oaks and a little later the 20,30,40,50 models. Many , but not all parts interchange. The grates are different. If you have a nice clean long bar you should have one made now and save the original as a pattern.
Firebrick. I use the plastic refractory type. It is easily molded to shape and you do not need to construct a form. It is available in 55 pound blocks sliced to two inch thick pieces. It is a much better material than the castable stuff

Lydo
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Oak No 3 1899
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite rock
Other Heating: Wood

Post by Lydo » Tue. Oct. 02, 2018 9:36 am

Thank you for the info! Most appreciated!
Would you know where I could find/purchase these parts and the plastic refractory blocks? Hopefully somewhere close to Quebec Canada would be grate, if you just happen to know that is :-)
I’ve been asking all the stove restauration places in Quebec and Ontario and still no luck.
Like you said, we might be better off having the parts remoulded.

stovehospital

Post by stovehospital » Tue. Nov. 13, 2018 9:20 pm

I have several Glenwood 30 oaks. They are very close to the #3. I do not recognize that flapper. The #30 has a sliding model that does a good job. I have had several cast and if you can't work with the one you have perhaps we can replace the back pipe with a 30

Lydo

Post by Lydo » Fri. Dec. 14, 2018 9:08 pm

It’s alive! We (my husband mostly) fixed the broken parts and I cleaned and refinished it and here it is! Thank you to all that help us through this project. Now if we can only find anthracite to burn in it. We’re burning wood now, only because we can’t find anthracite anywhere in Quebec. The only coal we can find is BBQ coal which is very expensive and burns too fast.
Anyways, we’re very proud of our stove.

Attachments

joeq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: G111, Southard Robertson

Post by joeq » Fri. Dec. 14, 2018 10:24 pm

Lookin really good Lydo. Don't forget to keep us informed of its performance. Stay warm. :yes:

Lydo

Post by Lydo » Sun. Dec. 16, 2018 8:55 pm

Will do! Rock a peek at your Glenwood 111, congrates!

Return to “Antiques, Baseburners, Kitchen Stoves, Restorations & Modern Reproductions”