New Idea

stovepipemike

Post by stovepipemike » Mon. Sep. 03, 2018 6:23 pm

Does anyone know where I can get any information on something called "New Idea" type stove? I can not put a picture here due to a defective camera . If you type in "new idea coal stove" and look down to "images" the first picture in the upper left corner is a picture of this stove. It sort of looks like a little mushroom and is very simple in construction. Craziest shaped stove I have ever seen. Anyone have any thoughts Thanks, Mike

grumpy

Post by grumpy » Mon. Sep. 03, 2018 6:28 pm

ImageThis ?

grumpy

Post by grumpy » Mon. Sep. 03, 2018 6:29 pm

KingCoal
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 1 comforter stove works all iron coal box stove, seventies.
Baseburners & Antiques: 2014 DTS C17 Base Burner, GW #6, GW 113 formerly Sir Williams, maybe others at Pauliewog’s I’ve forgotten about
Coal Size/Type: Nut Anth.
Other Heating: none

Post by KingCoal » Mon. Sep. 03, 2018 7:17 pm

interesting, is it an off shoot of the bucket a day water heater concept ? or, is it a radiant area heater ?

either way the pics seem not to be showing the lower most portion and feet, i really don't think this stove was intended to sit flat on a floor.

this stove actually has some of the traits of a "brooder" stove i saw at Pauliewogs though it could just as easily not be anything of the sort. it will be neat if any good info on it surfaces.

.02 worth

steve

stovepipemike

Post by stovepipemike » Mon. Sep. 03, 2018 7:46 pm

Thanks to grumpy for the picture. I do have a copy of this stove that I got at a flea market and it has the same bottom features on it. I too thought something was missing but on a closer look it has 4 bolts that it sits on. They come thru the ash compartment floor and then on the exterior of the stove goes thru a one half inch stand off ending with a full plate on the bottom most piece of the stove. I still think it is bad form to leave it like that standing on 4 bolt heads, and would enjoy some sort of manufacturer's literature. It is so wacko it fascinates me. Mike

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Mon. Sep. 03, 2018 8:35 pm

There was a company called new idea, or it was one of another companies lines, that made various livestock items. Feeders for sure. im betting its a brooder house heater because of that.

Edit: they made farm implements, machinery too. Not sure how I forgot that.

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Mon. Sep. 03, 2018 8:47 pm

We used to have a New Idea tow behind sickle bar mower.....

Kevin

Return to “Antiques, Baseburners, Kitchen Stoves, Restorations & Modern Reproductions”