Round Oak Stove - Northern IL

round_oak_IL

Post by round_oak_IL » Thu. May. 03, 2018 2:11 pm

Hello all,

I've got a round oak stove located in northern IL. My mother is clearing out her house and she's looking for a good home for it. It needs restoration, could be used for parts. I'm willing to post pictures, or send pictures. Ideally someone here could point me in the right direction for getting it out of there. She doesn't want to ship it somewhere, and she doesn't want it to goto scrap.

If this is the wrong forum for this I apologize and hope the mods will move my post over. Thanks!

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Thu. May. 03, 2018 3:06 pm

There'll be questions needing answers.

What model number? Usually located on the bottom edge of a loading door is a number and letter. The number is the firepot diameter. The letter is the model series.

Does it have wood, or coal grates ? If it's a wood burning model then you might have better luck selling it on, www.hearth.com

Are there any cracks in the castings ?

Any info and pictures you can post will help.

Paul

round_oak_IL

Post by round_oak_IL » Thu. May. 03, 2018 5:17 pm

I suspected as much. I'll have to ask about the grates inside the stove. Some additional info, it's about 52" tall, says "K22" on the door. Diameter of trim is about 26", stove cylinder is about 24", legs are about 7" and have round oak label on them.

I've uploaded an album, sorry about the poor quality photos. My mom is older and doesn't have a digital camera, so these are photos of the photos. :o

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Thu. May. 03, 2018 7:40 pm

round_oak_IL wrote:
Thu. May. 03, 2018 5:17 pm
I suspected as much. I'll have to ask about the grates inside the stove. Some additional info, it's about 52" tall, says "K22" on the door. Diameter of trim is about 26", stove cylinder is about 24", legs are about 7" and have round oak label on them.

I've uploaded an album, sorry about the poor quality photos. My mom is older and doesn't have a digital camera, so these are photos of the photos. :o

A K22 is a big stove. The firepot should be about 22 inch diameter at the top edge. That'll heat a large area. And, they are desirable stoves.

One of my Brother-in-laws in the western Massachusetts hills heats his large house, with lots of big picture windows, with just a model E24 using wood.

Maybe this guy can tell you more. https://www.roundoakman.com/

Or the Dowagiac museum. http://dowagiacmuseum.info/round-oak/identify-you ... ing-stove/

Paul

Return to “Antiques, Baseburners, Kitchen Stoves, Restorations & Modern Reproductions”