Normal oak Grander stove works,Prize Welcome Syracuse stove works

Christopher
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Round Oak#A-18, Round Oak #E18
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Dickson Oak#117
Baseburners & Antiques: Fairringgold #126, Round Oak copperiod Range

Post by Christopher » Sun. Dec. 10, 2017 4:57 pm

Greetings all, This question may be directed at Paul whom I think acquired a Merry Bride Baseburner and who might have knowledge of the Grander Stove Co. I recently purchased a Normal Oak #116 made by the Grander Stove Co of Royersford, Penn. I have just completed a 1903 Prize Welcome #118 by the Syracuse Stove works of Syracuse, NY Overhauled full restoration but I did add a new feature a double barrel to the stove and a blower mounted to it so I could get the house a little warmer in the winter faster.Looking at the Normal oak I noticed that the door frame and the doors on the Prize Welcome and the Normal Oak where the same design, also the handles are the same as also. The Normal Oak is a double barrel and i was wondering if you Paul might know its age? I am placing it before 1903, the Prize Welcome was patented in 1903 with the Kernan grates installed.Was the Normal Oak being a double barrel one of the first to make a double barrel stove? And since the design is the same as the Prize welcome did Syracuse Stove Works use the Grander Stove design and patent as their own? The one picture of the Normal Oak does not have the handle pic in it but the handles are the same for both stoves.
00s0s_4cUCqDnR5kD_1200x900.jpg

Prize Welcome before restore

.JPG | 185.6KB | 00s0s_4cUCqDnR5kD_1200x900.jpg
119.jpg

Prize Welcome after

.JPG | 108.3KB | 119.jpg
thumbnai118.jpg

Normal Oak

.JPG | 117.4KB | thumbnai118.jpg

Attachments

117.jpg

Normal Oak front

.JPG | 116.9KB | 117.jpg
116.jpg

Prize Welcome front

.JPG | 96.6KB | 116.jpg

Return to “Antiques, Baseburners, Kitchen Stoves, Restorations & Modern Reproductions”