Bought a project, Atlanta Works # 60

Jgib4
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Fire chief 450

Post by Jgib4 » Mon. Aug. 07, 2017 6:44 pm

Found a atlanta works # 60 for sale and ended up paying 50 bucks for it. Plan on fixin it up, re painting, adding some rope gaskets to it and giving it a shot in a couple of winters. Guy said it was his grandads seems in decent shape no cracks or anything and everything is there.
Last edited by Richard S. on Tue. Aug. 08, 2017 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed title, please use descriptive titles. Thanks.

Logs
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite
Other Heating: Fireplace and wood burner

Post by Logs » Mon. Aug. 07, 2017 7:10 pm

What is it a potbelly? Got any pics?

Jgib4

Post by Jgib4 » Mon. Aug. 07, 2017 7:11 pm

Logs wrote:What is it a potbelly? Got any pics?
Yes

Attachments

IMG_0113.JPG
.JPG | 115.2KB | IMG_0113.JPG

Logs
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite
Other Heating: Fireplace and wood burner

Post by Logs » Tue. Aug. 08, 2017 1:46 am

I have one exactly like it. I paid 60 bucks for mine about 20 years ago. When I got mine it was all painted up fancy in an antique store. The first thing I did was get a fire going in it outside and burnt the paint off it. It's a good little heater. I used mine in a tool trailer I had set up with a small office. It kept it toasty. The biggest problem was you had to cut the wood real small. I burned mainly small wood chunks and a little soft coal. I always wanted to tighten it up a bit and burn anthracite. I don't really have a place for it now. Maybe some day. Good luck with it.

Dave

Jgib4

Post by Jgib4 » Tue. Aug. 08, 2017 7:07 am

Logs wrote:I have one exactly like it. I paid 60 bucks for mine about 20 years ago. When I got mine it was all painted up fancy in an antique store. The first thing I did was get a fire going in it outside and burnt the paint off it. It's a good little heater. I used mine in a tool trailer I had set up with a small office. It kept it toasty. The biggest problem was you had to cut the wood real small. I burned mainly small wood chunks and a little soft coal. I always wanted to tighten it up a bit and burn anthracite. I don't really have a place for it now. Maybe some day. Good luck with it.

Dave

Yea found a couple threads where people relined them and got rid of the air leaks and had 8-12 hour burn times so figured for 50 bucks I would give it a shot.

Return to “Antiques, Baseburners, Kitchen Stoves, Restorations & Modern Reproductions”