Acme Ventiduct

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Wed. Mar. 08, 2023 10:58 am

WIburnerPaul wrote:
Wed. Mar. 08, 2023 12:36 am
Ever line the cast fire pot with Knox Ram plastic refractory, to prevent cracking?
I've never used the ram set type refractory, but others have. And it will eventually crack. I opted to make molds and go with castable refractory bricks so I could cast replacements if needed.

Paul

Nicolet
Other Heating: Acme oak wood stove

Post by Nicolet » Fri. Nov. 24, 2023 1:23 am

Hi, I saw your discussion about Wood stove. I have same brand Acme Oak 38.
I sandblasted the stove and I took some parts for nickel plating. I have a question: What should I do with inside the stove?Should I paint inside? I heard it is not a good idea, but how I prevent it from getting rusty? What paint did you use and how worked out? How many layers of paint did you use? Did you do prime paint? I read that you don’t need prime paint if you keep indoor. I appreciate any information help.

waytomany?s
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Fri. Nov. 24, 2023 6:58 am

Nicolet wrote:
Fri. Nov. 24, 2023 1:23 am
Hi, I saw your discussion about Wood stove. I have same brand Acme Oak 38.
I sandblasted the stove and I took some parts for nickel plating. I have a question: What should I do with inside the stove?Should I paint inside? I heard it is not a good idea, but how I prevent it from getting rusty? What paint did you use and how worked out? How many layers of paint did you use? Did you do prime paint? I read that you don’t need prime paint if you keep indoor. I appreciate any information help.
Are you going to heat with it?

Return to “Antiques, Baseburners, Kitchen Stoves, Restorations & Modern Reproductions”