Anyone Recognize This Finial ?

Pauliewog
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska 140 Dual Paddle Feed
Baseburners & Antiques: Fame Rosemont #20, Home Stove Works #25, Glenwood #6, Happy Thought Oak, Merry Bride #214, Sunnyside, Worlds Argand #114, New Golden Sun , & About 30 others.
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Chesnut, Pea, Rice / Anthracite

Post by Pauliewog » Mon. Jun. 13, 2016 12:41 am

SWPaDon wrote:Lookin good.
Thanks Don! Be sure to let me know if you run across a "Colossus" base burner in your Internet searches, so I have the correct stove to put it on. :D

Paulie

Pauliewog
Baseburners & Antiques: Fame Rosemont #20, Home Stove Works #25, Glenwood #6, Happy Thought Oak, Merry Bride #214, Sunnyside, Worlds Argand #114, New Golden Sun , & About 30 others.

Post by Pauliewog » Mon. Jun. 13, 2016 12:54 am

nortcan wrote:Very nice results.
But I didn't find the way you got so nice results with Coors, for us here Coors is just for cooling the kids? Not strong enough for that kind of job!
:) :D :lol:
Thanks for the kind words Pierre!

As we all well know, your Canadian beers have a little higher alcohol content than here in the states.

I find that 10 or 15 Coors Lights are just enough to take off the edge. :cheers:

If I drank 3 or 4 Blues a night I probably wouldn't have it taken apart yet. :D

Paulie

Attachments

20160613_002151-1.jpg
.JPG | 113.6KB | 20160613_002151-1.jpg

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Mon. Jun. 13, 2016 1:21 pm

WOW ! Looks stunning Paulie !!!!!!

If the stove that came off of is anything like that, it must be an amazing sight.

Paul

Pauliewog

Post by Pauliewog » Mon. Jun. 13, 2016 3:21 pm

Sunny Boy wrote:WOW ! Looks stunning Paulie !!!!!!

If the stove that came off of is anything like that, it must be an amazing sight.

Paul
Thank You Paul ! Its not that I don't have enough projects going on, but since the brass on the ice box hardware needed to be replated, and I wanted to put bright copper on them first............. may as well do the finial too :D

I'm still searching for a picture of the Colossus. Buckwalter Stove Co. introduced it in 1894 as a high priced, fully nickeled, square, revertable flue base burner. A friend of mine in Texas, recognized it and sent me the link.

I'm still hoping to get a call from the gentlemen who sold me the finial, and the rest of the stove is still around.

Paulie

coalstovelady

Post by coalstovelady » Tue. Dec. 18, 2018 5:53 pm

Paulie, you are amazing! Beautiful restoration of the item.

Return to “Antiques, Baseburners, Kitchen Stoves, Restorations & Modern Reproductions”