Another Glenwood Adoption Finalized!

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Mon. Mar. 28, 2016 7:33 pm

Well Its been over a year and a half in the making and a couple of almost's but It is a done deal, I am finally a Base Heater owner :) ( sorry for the window covering but I was getting bad glare)
IMG_1090.JPG
.JPG | 116.9KB | IMG_1090.JPG
IMG_1091.JPG
.JPG | 97.6KB | IMG_1091.JPG
IMG_1092.JPG
.JPG | 119.9KB | IMG_1092.JPG
I placed my order with Doug at Barnstable over a year ago In hopes he would run acrossed one, well just a few weeks ago I was losing hope( but never loosing sleep over It ) that I would not ever have a antique stove but that all changed the Morning of March 15 I received a call form Doug telling me he had a #8 sitting on the floor and It was mine If I was still intrested and at that time I didn't have the funds to purchase It(due to my top quality health insurance I now have no thanks to the clown In the White house) :( .
I went home that night tell in my wife that I received a call form Barnstable and that I turned It down, she told me to take the money of savings but I had to pay It back after I sold some of the things I didn't use anymore, OK that was a deal I can live with :) , I called Doug back the next morning and paid for It over the phone.
That was the road trip I took on Good Friday that took me over 1300 miles, 3 tanks of diesel in 23 Hrs,I did spend a hour or so looking at all the stoves that are waiting for a good home and BS'ing with Doug wishing I had more time but I had that 11 Hr drive ahead of me so I couldn't stay. To be continued!

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Mon. Mar. 28, 2016 7:36 pm

Congrats ! You got a lot of wonderful stove there. ;)

Paul

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Mon. Mar. 28, 2016 7:42 pm

Worth all the cost and aggravation. When I have saved the money I am planning a ground floor redo. So what is the first thing you do? Draw up architects plan? ... nooooo, it's buy a #8 for each end of the house ... and they sit there waiting, perfect and beautiful. Great stove, well done and welcome to the club.

SWPaDon
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Post by SWPaDon » Mon. Mar. 28, 2016 7:43 pm

Nice stove, Congrats.

Merc300d
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood 6 base heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Too many
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: Oil base board

Post by Merc300d » Mon. Mar. 28, 2016 7:51 pm

Nice !!!! .... Another satisfied glenwood owner. That one is a beast for sure Happy heating !!

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Mon. Mar. 28, 2016 7:58 pm

The stove Isn't brand new by any means but It Is almost 100 years old, the ash pit floor has a weld repair on the LH side(as seen in the pic) the base pan has some repairs to It, and 2 mounting ears on the rear also have been repaired at some point in time, the two center grates have a slight bow In It but they all still turn 360° without any trouble.
I did get the check damper elbow, register plate( wood grate) but missing was the spark guard and thanks to Skip I have one on order plus a second ash pan.
IMG_1087.JPG
.JPG | 84.5KB | IMG_1087.JPG
IMG_1088.JPG
.JPG | 102.6KB | IMG_1088.JPG
I have a couple of things I will do to the stove just for my own piece of mind due to the draw of our chimney, I have 2 spots that don't pass the dollar bill test on the ash pit door so I will work on that some as that can be a big deal, I bought a(dam near new)antique Griswald 6" MPD well over a year ago so I will finally put It into service this fall.
The install will not be as pretty as some of yours but It will be just fine for my, the Manometer, flue pipe thermocouple will stay and the other thermometer will get a eyelet thermocouple for the barrel, I will post photos as things progress but not for sometime as I am still running the 983. Take care for now.

deepwoods
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93 & DS Machine Newstyle Champion
Coal Size/Type: nut (so far)
Other Heating: Ruud propane forced air system

Post by deepwoods » Mon. Mar. 28, 2016 10:09 pm

Super Nice! You & I will both be new to the Glenwood Experience next fall. :D I have watched William's videos enough to almost have them memorized. It's a good start :)

Photog200
Baseburners & Antiques: Colonial Clarion cook stove, Kineo #15 base burner & 2 Geneva Oak Andes #517's
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Chestnut
Other Heating: Electric Baseboard

Post by Photog200 » Mon. Mar. 28, 2016 11:10 pm

Congrats again, that is a beautiful stove with lots of heating potential.

Keep the photos coming!
Randy

coalfan
Hand Fed Coal Stove: ds circultor1500 \chubby coal stove
Coal Size/Type: nut/ pea ant.some bit.
Other Heating: kerosene\cold nat. gas

Post by coalfan » Tue. Mar. 29, 2016 8:59 am

sweet nice stove dam!!! :) :)

ONEDOLLAR
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2014 Chubby Prototype
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Anthracite

Post by ONEDOLLAR » Tue. Mar. 29, 2016 9:20 am

Congrats on the #8 and welcome to the BB Club and the disease known as "BASEBURNERITIS"!!

scalabro
Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford 40, PP Stewart No. 14, Abendroth Bros "Record 40"
Coal Size/Type: Stove / Anthracite.
Other Heating: Oil fired, forced hot air.

Post by scalabro » Tue. Mar. 29, 2016 11:38 am

ONEDOLLAR wrote:Congrats on the #8 and welcome to the BB Club and the disease known as "BASEBURNERITIS"!!
You have good days, and bad days :lol: :lol: :lol:

Congrats on the 8 Ball :D

Pauliewog
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska 140 Dual Paddle Feed
Baseburners & Antiques: Fame Rosemont #20, Home Stove Works #25, Glenwood #6, Happy Thought Oak, Merry Bride #214, Sunnyside, Worlds Argand #114, New Golden Sun , & About 30 others.
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Chesnut, Pea, Rice / Anthracite

Post by Pauliewog » Tue. Mar. 29, 2016 11:52 am

Congratulations , and another warm welcome to the BB club ! Looking forward to seeing it in action.

I just showed your post to my wife and it made her day also. Now she realizes that I'm not the only person who thinks nothing of driving over 1,000 miles for a stove. :clap: :rofl: .

I'm still getting ribbed a bit over my road trip to Austin, Texas that didn't pan out. bop2

Paulie

ONEDOLLAR
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2014 Chubby Prototype
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Anthracite

Post by ONEDOLLAR » Tue. Mar. 29, 2016 11:55 am

Pauliewog wrote:I'm still getting ribbed a bit over my road trip to Austin, Texas that didn't pan out.
That is what the disease will do to you. Look at it this way.. You got to take a good road trip to a great State and a GREAT City in that state. Did you at least try the BBQ??????? :oops:

Canaan coal man
Stoker Coal Boiler: Efm 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: A little cubby coal stove in the basement
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #6
Coal Size/Type: Stove And Nut

Post by Canaan coal man » Tue. Mar. 29, 2016 12:25 pm

Everyone is getting #8s, Man im getting jelly who wants to trade a G6 for a G8 and a little cash......... :D

Pauliewog
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska 140 Dual Paddle Feed
Baseburners & Antiques: Fame Rosemont #20, Home Stove Works #25, Glenwood #6, Happy Thought Oak, Merry Bride #214, Sunnyside, Worlds Argand #114, New Golden Sun , & About 30 others.
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Chesnut, Pea, Rice / Anthracite

Post by Pauliewog » Tue. Mar. 29, 2016 1:10 pm

ONEDOLLAR wrote:
Pauliewog wrote:I'm still getting ribbed a bit over my road trip to Austin, Texas that didn't pan out.
That is what the disease will do to you. Look at it this way.. You got to take a good road trip to a great State and a GREAT City in that state. Did you at least try the BBQ??????? :oops:
Well of course we did ! My first stop was Rudy's and the next day on the way out of town it was ...........Rudy's.

Also got a dozen Round Rock Donuts to go, so the way I look at it, It wasn't a wasted trip. :D

Paulie

Return to “Antiques, Baseburners, Kitchen Stoves, Restorations & Modern Reproductions”