Hand Fed Coal Boiler: DS Machines Aqua Gem
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Koker 160
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Anthra Glo
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Anthramax Comfort Max
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: DS Kozy King
Coal Size/Type: Nut, Rice and Stove
Other Heating: Gas and pellet stoves

Post by jremington » Sun. Oct. 25, 2015 1:13 pm

I had someone come into our store this weekend who has had one of these in his garage for over 40 years. It came from Pine Camp which is now Fort drum. He wants to sell it to us as an antique but I have no idea what it's worth. He says it's about 5 feet tall and is mint (we've all heard that one). Anyone have any idea of their worth?

KingCoal
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 1 comforter stove works all iron coal box stove, seventies.
Baseburners & Antiques: 2014 DTS C17 Base Burner, GW #6, GW 113 formerly Sir Williams, maybe others at Pauliewog’s I’ve forgotten about
Coal Size/Type: Nut Anth.
Other Heating: none

Post by KingCoal » Sun. Oct. 25, 2015 2:26 pm

jremington wrote:I had someone come into our store this weekend who has had one of these in his garage for over 40 years. It came from Pine Camp which is now Fort drum. He wants to sell it to us as an antique but I have no idea what it's worth. He says it's about 5 feet tall and is mint (we've all heard that one). Anyone have any idea of their worth?
pictures ?

Smokeyja
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #6 baseheater, Richmond Advance Range, WarmMorning 414a x2
Coal Size/Type: Nut / Anthracite

Post by Smokeyja » Sun. Oct. 25, 2015 2:45 pm

jremington wrote:I had someone come into our store this weekend who has had one of these in his garage for over 40 years. It came from Pine Camp which is now Fort drum. He wants to sell it to us as an antique but I have no idea what it's worth. He says it's about 5 feet tall and is mint (we've all heard that one). Anyone have any idea of their worth?
Really it's worth what you are willing to pay for it and what they are willing to sell it for . I would just simply ask what they want for it .

KingCoal
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 1 comforter stove works all iron coal box stove, seventies.
Baseburners & Antiques: 2014 DTS C17 Base Burner, GW #6, GW 113 formerly Sir Williams, maybe others at Pauliewog’s I’ve forgotten about

Post by KingCoal » Sun. Oct. 25, 2015 4:48 pm

Smokeyja wrote:
Really it's worth what you are willing to pay for it and what they are willing to sell it for . I would just simply ask what they want for it .
do a search on google for "us army cannon heater" they went from moderate to huge the biggest being a #20 I believe and that was a really large stove and quite possibly the type you are being offered if it is in fact nearly 5 ft. tall.

as Smokeyja has said, things are worth what the buyer values them at from his position of experience or need.

that could be nothing or exceptionally more than reasonable, depending.

if it IS very good in appearance and functionality and you like and want it, decide by how much, make an offer and be prepared to walk away.

KingCoal

Post by KingCoal » Sun. Oct. 25, 2015 5:10 pm

for a little more education try pages 2-5 of the document in this link.

http://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc29962/m1/8/

jremington
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: DS Machines. Keystoker

Post by jremington » Sun. Oct. 25, 2015 6:32 pm

Thx for the link. The gentleman said he'd like 1500 and I have no clue what it's worth so I asked you guys. Thought it might look nice in the showroom with a little work but I'm not thinking it's 1500 nice, lol.......

Smokeyja
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #6 baseheater, Richmond Advance Range, WarmMorning 414a x2

Post by Smokeyja » Sun. Oct. 25, 2015 6:46 pm

jremington wrote:Thx for the link. The gentleman said he'd like 1500 and I have no clue what it's worth so I asked you guys. Thought it might look nice in the showroom with a little work but I'm not thinking it's 1500 nice, lol.......
Definitely try to post some photos. There are guys on this forum that deal with buying, restoring and selling these types of stove for a living and other who have a huge knowledge of what the going rate should go for. Post some photos and give it the week. Also is it a functional stove or just looking pretty? A stove is worth more functional than as a display piece. If you want a display piece you can find them for less than $500 all day long.
Last edited by Smokeyja on Sun. Oct. 25, 2015 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SWPaDon
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Post by SWPaDon » Sun. Oct. 25, 2015 7:28 pm

You can also type cannon heater in the search box at the top right of this page and get lots of reading material.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Oct. 25, 2015 7:44 pm

No sense tryin to figure worth without pix--I been waitin for them today! :)

Smokeyja

Post by Smokeyja » Sun. Oct. 25, 2015 7:47 pm

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Oct. 25, 2015 7:54 pm

Still don't show condition of OP's stove. Nice pix though:)

Smokeyja

Post by Smokeyja » Sun. Oct. 25, 2015 8:02 pm

freetown fred wrote:Still don't show condition of OP's stove. Nice pix though:)
no it does not! and that is a must! but these photos sure make me want one haha. I really wanted a US army cook stove a guy was selling around here but he wouldn't come up on price. come to think of it I wonder if he ever sold it. Folks always asking too much!

KingCoal

Post by KingCoal » Sun. Oct. 25, 2015 8:25 pm

Smokeyja wrote:
freetown fred wrote:Still don't show condition of OP's stove. Nice pix though:)
no it does not! and that is a must! but these photos sure make me want one haha. I really wanted a US army cook stove a guy was selling around here but he wouldn't come up on price. come to think of it I wonder if he ever sold it. Folks always asking too much!
yeah, those all iron monsters have got to make big heat. i'd expect them to be the equal of the "Station Agent" mushroom head stoves that were common in train stations back in the day.

http://www.antiquestovesite.com/station_jewel_003.JPG

http://www.millcreekantiques.com/files/station_ag ... t_2500.jpg

ddahlgren
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Post by ddahlgren » Sun. Oct. 25, 2015 8:33 pm

Some people are a bit delusional as to the value of what they are selling or just trolling for a fool that also does not know either.

jremington
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: DS Machines. Keystoker

Post by jremington » Sun. Oct. 25, 2015 9:18 pm

The guy had a blurry pic with him but it looks just like the one smokey posted. I'll get a chance to go see it in the next couple days and grab a few pictures.

Return to “Antiques, Baseburners, Kitchen Stoves, Restorations & Modern Reproductions”