My Glenwood Base Heater Vs Alaska Channing 3 Stoker

Canaan coal man
Stoker Coal Boiler: Efm 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: A little cubby coal stove in the basement
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #6
Coal Size/Type: Stove And Nut

Post by Canaan coal man » Sat. Mar. 04, 2017 8:05 pm

scalabro wrote:Nice! I was wondering about the weather out in the NWC today...it must be a shock after last week :lol: :lol: BTW I used to live down the street in Sharon....good times and a beautiful place to live.
Cool I never knew that.... yes Sharon/ny area is beautiful . I'm always taking trips to amenia ny tractor supply just for the drive and scenery.

Canaan coal man

Post by Canaan coal man » Sat. Mar. 04, 2017 8:15 pm

joeq wrote:Looks like the damper only needs to be cracked open Brenden. Is the difference noticeable?
(TOTP) :mad:
It was a bit of a struggle this morn and Friday night to re learn the settings on the stove. I wanted high Barrel temp but I didn't want the draft at .1. I been wanting to run her around 600° but was having trouble to get over 500°. If I open the secondary and back elbow damper to much the stove would slow down to much and never reach 600° no matter how much I opened the primary. As I have read in many post befor more air out =more air in. I finally found the right damper combo got her crushing at 600°-650° With .005 draft during gust. Had the livening room a tropical 80°.

KingCoal
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 1 comforter stove works all iron coal box stove, seventies.
Baseburners & Antiques: 2014 DTS C17 Base Burner, GW #6, GW 113 formerly Sir Williams, maybe others at Pauliewog’s I’ve forgotten about
Coal Size/Type: Nut Anth.
Other Heating: none

Post by KingCoal » Sat. Mar. 04, 2017 8:30 pm

i'm guessin that was .05 during gusts ? otherwise you would surely have been in reversion the rest of the time.

8-)

Canaan coal man

Post by Canaan coal man » Sat. Mar. 04, 2017 9:36 pm

KingCoal wrote:i'm guessin that was .05 during gusts ? otherwise you would surely have been in reversion the rest of the time.

8-)
Steve I'm not sure I follow... Do you mind clarifying your post. Sorry sometimes I have trouble comprehending. :oops:

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Sat. Mar. 04, 2017 11:41 pm

CCM,
What Steve is pointing out is that you have two zeros after the decimal point and he's assuming the wind gusts drove the reading higher. If so, then the stove would be drafting in reverse when the wind wasn't gusting. :shock:

Did you mean the wind gust got the mano reading up to .05 (only one zero), or did the gusts drive it down to .005 (two zeros) ?

Paul

Canaan coal man

Post by Canaan coal man » Sun. Mar. 05, 2017 12:22 am

Sunny Boy wrote:CCM,
What Steve is pointing out is that you have two zeros after the decimal point and he's assuming the wind gusts drove the reading higher. If so, then the stove would be drafting in reverse when the wind wasn't gusting. :shock:

Did you mean the wind gust got the mano reading up to .05 (only one zero), or did the gusts drive it down to .005 (two zeros) ?

Paul
Ohhhh yepper my bad yes .05 good eye everyone

Return to “Antiques, Baseburners, Kitchen Stoves, Restorations & Modern Reproductions”