Stove Identification

wsherrick
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood Base Heater, Crawford Base Heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford Base Heater, Glenwood, Stanley Argand
Coal Size/Type: Chestnut, Stove Size

Post by wsherrick » Sun. Jul. 13, 2014 8:46 pm

I can't help it if people know how read and independently gather information about which stoves are the best ones from a credible source or sources so to speak.

Merc300d
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood 6 base heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Too many
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: Oil base board

Post by Merc300d » Mon. Jul. 14, 2014 4:36 pm

William. I'm not blaming you for any wrong doing. I havent finished my collection yet. These stoves are getting further an further away. Last time I checked it is a semi free country we live in. Kevin. :)

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Mon. Jul. 14, 2014 4:52 pm

Last time I checked it is a semi free country we live in. Kevin. :)
Clearly you need to check again.

Merc300d

Post by Merc300d » Mon. Jul. 14, 2014 4:59 pm

When we start seeing DHS check points at the borders of our states , I'll start worrying. :|
I'm trying to remain positive about whats left of this once great nation.

steamshovel

Post by steamshovel » Wed. Jul. 23, 2014 11:18 am

coalnewbie wrote:
Where did these pics come from? :o
It's Jimmy Belvin from Texas, a friend of Williams. Drives up from Texas snags stoves like these, fills his trailer, ravages our women and goes home. He just slips into the heart of Yankee territory undetected. How the fkc does he find them when we can't? You guys in Polar Bear land are not paying attention. :)
they're all the ones with broken, missing baseplates, warped & sagging ashpans, and cracked firepots, we know we can't get parts for anymore....same goes for the stoves too..,., :D
scratching my head, what use is a coal stove, in Texas ? I'm thinking, there's no coal there, and no cold weather to use it in.
decoration/antique/display useage maybe ?

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Wed. Jul. 23, 2014 11:29 am

they're all the ones with broken, missing baseplates, warped & sagging ashpans, and cracked firepots, we know we can't get parts for anymore....same goes for the stoves too..,., :D
:funny:

In fact the funniest reply of the year is my vote.

steamshovel

Post by steamshovel » Tue. Jul. 29, 2014 6:52 am

Merc300d wrote:When we start seeing DHS check points at the borders of our states , I'll start worrying. :|
I'm trying to remain positive about whats left of this once great nation.
the powers that be shut down hundreds of coal mines nationwide, and the big anthracite strip mines in NEPA are on a wing and a prayer. NYC, Los Angeles, Chicago, big inner city voters will vote our country and suburban way of life into extinction. they don't burn coal, they have free section 8 heating. the people in Washington don't want us burning coal, it competes with their oil and nat gas monopoly. so they're hell bent on destroying the coal industry, under the guise of environmental concern. they also just outlawed most old fashioned wood burners, to be sold new the stove must be a catalytic type. the smoke police are coming, and the coal mines will be - closed. don't kid yourself. coal stoves are of no use at all without anthracite to burn in them. Washington wants all the stoves crushed and melted down, and the metal sent to China, as a form of interest for all the US gov't securities they hold, that are being devalued. they did this already with the cash for clunkers program for cars. China wants their hands on something tangible other than paper.

Merc300d

Post by Merc300d » Tue. Jul. 29, 2014 7:45 am

Steam shovel- You should run for president. I couldn't of said it better myself. I tried saying the same thing on an earlier topic about offering 200 dollars for an antique stove. I don think anyone really cares about whats going on around us. It was the prime minister of china that came up with that scheme. We have to prop up China's economy with our resources or they will drop all of out t bonds and collapse ours. The US s irresponsible monetary policies are going to crush this country all on the backs of my children's children. Let's just keep drinking the Kool-Aid and wish for the best

Return to “Antiques, Baseburners, Kitchen Stoves, Restorations & Modern Reproductions”