Chappee Boiler

Justin5321
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Chappee

Post by Justin5321 » Sun. Dec. 29, 2013 9:32 pm

Hey guys I also have a Chappee coil boiler and was wondering what size gasket the loading door takes?! Thanks!

memco man
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1981 KA-6 Keystoker
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Tarms 504
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: alaska liberty
Hand Fed Coal Stove: jotul NR 507, crane coal cooker 44, crane 404, chubby w/blower, chubby w/out blower, franco blege 10-475 Montgomery ward laundry stove Moore's Brother seventeen circulator stove
Coal Size/Type: nut/anthracite/pea
Other Heating: harman p68, elmtree,harthstone,new mack

Post by memco man » Mon. Dec. 30, 2013 7:06 pm

Mine dose not have a gasket it is metal to metal unless you are talking about the door frame itself I just looked at my parts manual and it dose not show one either if you need one for yours you will probable have to make one I am sure that you can get gasket material at a automotive parts store or a pluming store like Webbs. or what ever in you area

Justin5321
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Chappee

Post by Justin5321 » Mon. Dec. 30, 2013 7:17 pm

memco man wrote:Mine dose not have a gasket it is metal to metal unless you are talking about the door frame itself I just looked at my parts manual and it dose not show one either if you need one for yours you will probable have to make one I am sure that you can get gasket material at a automotive parts store or a pluming store like Webbs. or what ever in you area
Thanks for the reply mine is also metal to metal but leaks when there is a lot of draft.

memco man
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1981 KA-6 Keystoker
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Tarms 504
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: alaska liberty
Hand Fed Coal Stove: jotul NR 507, crane coal cooker 44, crane 404, chubby w/blower, chubby w/out blower, franco blege 10-475 Montgomery ward laundry stove Moore's Brother seventeen circulator stove
Coal Size/Type: nut/anthracite/pea
Other Heating: harman p68, elmtree,harthstone,new mack

Post by memco man » Mon. Dec. 30, 2013 9:54 pm

I am not an expert on these but check your door latch and see if the bolt is not bent to the left this would keep it from closing tight also check your hinge it may be worn and allowing the door to drop down so the lip on the door is lower the lip on the door frame the only other thing it could be is the door is warped but I would think it would be the first two other them the third that is a pretty solid peace of metal to warp

Return to “Antiques, Baseburners, Kitchen Stoves, Restorations & Modern Reproductions”