Restoring "Ringo the Roaring Ringgold"

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Mon. May. 13, 2013 1:17 pm

What are the dimensions of the firepot? Looks to be a bruiser. Bailey and Tuttle vents, I put in big vents too but I need to find more of those gorgeous ones. Are you going to attach the back pipe to a pipe/duct to control the amount of warm air upstairs or let pure convection do it for you. If so find one of those temperature controlled 1920 or so electrical mechanical valves - BINGO - zone heating..... Now you are talking my language.

So now with Susan croqueting in front of the stove (thx nortcan) with feet on the rails and you listening to the phonograph (thx william), reading a completely outdated useless newspaper say like the NYT. Even better, get a 100 year old NYT for the total effect. Don't worry about missing all the news that Obummer thinks is fit to print, the news you will now be reading will be just as current and relevant..... the scene is complete....... ahhhhh. Is a Meerschaum pipe going too far??
Last edited by coalnewbie on Mon. May. 13, 2013 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Poconoeagle

Post by Poconoeagle » Mon. May. 13, 2013 1:23 pm

its a 14 incher.... :)

put a hurtin on some coal maybe 8-)

wsherrick
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood Base Heater, Crawford Base Heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford Base Heater, Glenwood, Stanley Argand
Coal Size/Type: Chestnut, Stove Size

Post by wsherrick » Mon. May. 13, 2013 5:17 pm

A stove with a 14 inch fire pot is a medium sized stove. They made these with fire pots up to 26 inches, to heat very large homes, stores etc. You will get plenty of heat out of this stove with very economical coal consumption. The minute you strike a match to start the first fire in this stove, you are going to start saving money in substantially reduced coal use.

Needless to say, I am very pleased to see all of these stove restoration projects going on. I would have never imagined it. Just think, a few years ago nobody on this Forum even knew what a base burner was. :shock:

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Mon. May. 13, 2013 6:01 pm

Needless to say, I am very pleased to see all of these stove restoration projects going on. I would have never imagined it. Just think, a few years ago nobody on this Forum even knew what a base burner was.
Yes, I must confess you got me started in a big way. Do you know of a good marriage counselor?

Return to “Antiques, Baseburners, Kitchen Stoves, Restorations & Modern Reproductions”