Questions About Using an Old Parlor Stove

Learn the ins and outs of designs that date back to the turn of the last century. Whether you are looking to restore an antique stove or have questions about modern reproductions you'll find the answers to your questions here.
SteveZee
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood Modern Oak 116 & Glenwood 208 C Range

Post Tue. Jan. 15, 2013 8:03 am

Excellent! Congrates and you couldn't have chosen a better refurb man than Emory. Well done. :D

barbaragraver

Post Thu. Jan. 17, 2013 11:25 pm

Thanks Steve. Feel good about our decision. I'll post pics when the stove is done!

MrsTLW
Other Heating: Happy Thought Pot Belly Stove

Post Tue. Mar. 01, 2016 4:34 pm

Hi I am new, I just got a Happy Thought parlor stove to use in my small greenhouse. The grate needs to be welded but is missing pieces, does anyone have photos of the inner workings? Thank you so much.

SWPaDon
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Post Tue. Mar. 01, 2016 5:00 pm

MrsTLW wrote:Hi I am new, I just got a Happy Thought parlor stove to use in my small greenhouse. The grate needs to be welded but is missing pieces, does anyone have photos of the inner workings? Thank you so much.
Hello, and welcome to the forum.
You really need your own thread for this stove, so if you could go to here: Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite Coal
and click on "New Topic" at the top left, you can start your own thread. Please include good pictures of your stove, the parts needed, along with numbers that may be on it.

Pauliewog
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska 140 Dual Paddle Feed
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Pittston Stove
Baseburners & Antiques: Fame Rosemont #20, Dickson Oak, Golden Oak, Happy Thought Oak, 1913 Herald Oak#16, (2)Comfort Stove
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Chesnut, Pea, Rice / Anthracite

Post Tue. Mar. 01, 2016 10:49 pm

Welcome to the forum. If you put your town and state in your profile, there may be a member nearby that can help you out.

I have a Happy Thoughts parlor stove, so post some pictures, and I'm sure we can help you out.

Paulie
Former anthracite contract strip miner

Return to “Antiques, Baseburners, Kitchen Stoves, Restorations & Modern Reproductions”