Glenwood 6 Restoration

nortcan

Post by nortcan » Tue. Jan. 22, 2013 9:07 am

Very good Keith, even the small dog love the Glenwood. All is so neat, I love that hearth :!:
The heat output seems to make the job you wanted it to do so stay warm and just wait for a nice snow fall :D

wsherrick
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood Base Heater, Crawford Base Heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford Base Heater, Glenwood, Stanley Argand
Coal Size/Type: Chestnut, Stove Size

Post by wsherrick » Tue. Jan. 22, 2013 1:52 pm

So you found out first hand about how important the skirt and top ring is. It's amazing how these stoves distribute heat without a fan, just by using good old physics.

nortcan

Post by nortcan » Tue. Jan. 22, 2013 2:55 pm

wsherrick wrote:So you found out first hand about how important the skirt and top ring is. It's amazing how these stoves distribute heat without a fan, just by using good old physics.
In fact I like the way Keith tried the stove without the skirt and top ring then discovered the differece they can make when on the stove :idea: . Nothing was done just for fun in these past days. Stoves had to perform and they did, but more important they Still perform as day one of their life, and that after more than 100 Yrs...of life.

echos67

Post by echos67 » Tue. Jan. 22, 2013 6:42 pm

These stoves are amazing without any doubt, it was very interesting to see the major difference with and without the trim in place. The heat is so much more evenly distributed throughout without using the elctricity to power noisey blowers, combustion fans, augers or anything else for that matter. I will always keep an Antique hand fired stove :D !

Steve,
Chase is growing quickly and already into everything here, anytime you would like to borrow him just shoot me a pm and im sure we can work something out :lol: .

Return to “Antiques, Baseburners, Kitchen Stoves, Restorations & Modern Reproductions”