The Antique Stove Alliance on Facebook

The-stove-collector

Post by The-stove-collector » Mon. Dec. 12, 2011 7:21 pm

FYI.....

Anyone and everyone if you are interested in joining my Facebook group" The Antique Stove Alliance " .... we can share pictures, videos etc just do a search for the group and it should come up and you can request to join. If you're having a hard time finding it just friend me Daniel L Guidash and I'll add you to the group. I am the guy in the picture with the Mule deer mount behind my head. I have 8 members and growing. Love to see pictures of your stoves as well. I will be posting more of mine on there as well as on here.

nortcan

Post by nortcan » Mon. Dec. 12, 2011 7:42 pm

The-stove-collector wrote:FYI.....

Anyone and everyone if you are interested in joining my Facebook group" The Antique Stove Alliance " .... we can share pictures, videos etc just do a search for the group and it should come up and you can request to join. If you're having a hard time finding it just friend me Daniel L Guidash and I'll add you to the group. I am the guy in the picture with the Mule deer mount behind my head. I have 8 members and growing. Love to see pictures of your stoves as well. I will be posting more of mine on there as well as on here.
Hi Daniel.
I think we already ""talked together some times.
Hum, not very in love with facebook butttttt

The-stove-collector

Post by The-stove-collector » Mon. Dec. 12, 2011 8:21 pm

Yes I remember you Nortcan...You have the Golden Bride baseburner as I recall.....

grizzly2
Other Heating: Oil foilfurnace, Jotul#3 woodstove,electric base board.

Post by grizzly2 » Tue. Dec. 13, 2011 7:05 am

I think we already have a great forum here for discussion and posting pictures of our stoves. I'd rather keep the topic concentrated here than having to jump around multiple sites to get the info I want about coal stoves. To each their own, but I would prefer to stay at NEPA Crossroads where the experts hang out. :)

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Tue. Dec. 13, 2011 7:25 am

Stove collector can start a Facebook forum of stoves that we can only dream of. Trouble is, only people who are coal experts can appreciate what they are. I am really desperate to join the other 800 million out there who don't have a clue mostly about anything but especially coal. It is redundant and quite possibly harmful to this forum. If I need coal information I want one board not 15 (that is where the concept is headed). Wait, the other 14 will have ads for cheeze doodles on them and will be full of trolls. We will attract the anti coalites luny lobby telling us how we are wrecking the planet. Let's all occupy Jeddo as a protest. Hey, stove, start a forum on this board. If I want pictures of my grand kids or to get pictures or the worlds greatest pineapples - save the spiders - they are all there, I know where to go. Geez.

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Tue. Dec. 13, 2011 7:38 am

I'm considering some changes in the future to expand the coal forums and drop some of the others that are not being used particularly in the tech section. I could add a forum just for antique stoves if there was enough interest.

coalnewbie

Post by coalnewbie » Tue. Dec. 13, 2011 7:58 am

I'd be interested but let William start and moderate it.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Tue. Dec. 13, 2011 8:31 am

Yep, probably a good idea to let the base burner/ antique nuts have there own lil world. They're all pretty out there anyway. :clap: toothy

SteveZee
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood Modern Oak 116 & Glenwood 208 C Range

Post by SteveZee » Tue. Dec. 13, 2011 8:40 am

freetown fred wrote:Yep, probably a good idea to let the base burner/ antique nuts have there own lil world. They're all pretty out there anyway. :clap: toothy
Come on Fred, You know you'd be lurking there all the time. ;)

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Tue. Dec. 13, 2011 8:47 am

You betcha. I've had my share of parlor stoves & kitchen stoves in my life time. Things don't get more simplistic & functional.

coalnewbie

Post by coalnewbie » Tue. Dec. 13, 2011 8:59 am

They're all pretty out there anyway.
. The youtube videos were great, the baseburner kinda interesting but the bowler hat and phonograph were absolutely priceless - good stuff.

EarthWindandFire
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line Lil' Heater.
Other Heating: Oil Furnace and Kerosene Heaters.

Post by EarthWindandFire » Tue. Dec. 13, 2011 1:26 pm

Well, I requested to join and glad to do it. Let's people/family know what I'm interested in when they look at my Facebook page.

Smokeyja
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #6 baseheater, Richmond Advance Range, WarmMorning 414a x2
Coal Size/Type: Nut / Anthracite
Other Heating: none

Post by Smokeyja » Tue. Dec. 13, 2011 8:03 pm

Too bad I am anti Facebook . I despise Facebook actually and I deleted it at the beginning of this past year. One of the best choices I've ever made :). I don't want people to find me or to know what I'm doing lol. Makes it real easy for big brother to keep tabs. I am glad you are helping to promote antique stoves though.

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Tue. Dec. 13, 2011 8:07 pm

Yea, I'm with you on that facebook crap my friend. But I hope these guys find someplace to roost. :clap: toothy Although I don't see a problem in the world with staying right here. This has always been a real informative FORUM for all coal burners & I just kinda think it's rude to try & hi-jack what the Mayor & Mods & fellow FORUM members put so much time & energy into keeping going smoothly :( If anyone is real psyched with the facebook nonsense, I think they should go there & stay there. Just one old farmers thoughts cause it's been eating at me for a couple days. Adding the Antique FORUM sounds real good to me Richard. :)

david78
Baseburners & Antiques: Fuller & Warren Splendid Oak 27
Coal Size/Type: Nut

Post by david78 » Tue. Dec. 13, 2011 8:37 pm

freetown fred wrote:Adding the Antique FORUM sounds real good to me Richard. :)
Especially since some of the guys on here ARE antiques. :funny:

Return to “Antiques, Baseburners, Kitchen Stoves, Restorations & Modern Reproductions”