I Came to the Right Place (Efel Stove)

harleymike

Post by harleymike » Wed. Nov. 30, 2011 12:40 pm

I've been reading through this sight for a few months, gathering information on my coal stove! I decided to join and thank everyone for that information....Let me rewind a bit and explain;
I bought house last year towards the end of the summer. The house already has coal stove in it. My brother has experience with hand fired stoves so I asked him to take a look at it and see if it was safe. He checked it out and told me it was safe to use for that winter but, it was going to need some work before next winter. Let me just say, it was a rough winter. Bad grates, inexperience and not having the proper understanding of how a hand fired coal stove works didn’t help. As soon as winter broke I started researching the stove and ended up finding this place. All the info on where to find drawings, parts and getting tips on how to operate it, is all right here. :up: THANK GOD! When spring broke I completely tore down the stove, cleaned and rebuilt it. WOW what a difference!! I started it up November 11 and its working great. The days have been warm and the night’s cold, around here. I keep it at about 2 during the days and leave the damper open all the way. At night I just set the damper at 45deg and turn it up to 3. Sometimes I just I leave the damper open and just turn it up to 3. House temp is arounf 75-78. I have 4 women living there and so far no complaints…..about being cold that is. Last year they drove me nuts. :poke: I’m sure they’ll find something else to drive me crazy with this year.
Now for my next project. The previous owner also had a Warm Morning stove in the basement. I was going to sell it but I’ve decide to keep it. Right now I’m in the process of tearing it down and inspecting it. The fire brick inside is beautiful!! Grates are in excellent shape. It has some outside rust that I’m going to take care of. I’m also in the process of fixing the chimney for it. Yes the house has 2 of them. Hopefully by this time next year my house will be toasty warm, on all three floors.

buck24
Hand Fed Coal Stove: New Buck Corp. / MODEL 24 COAL
Coal Size/Type: Pea, Nut / Anthracite

Post by buck24 » Wed. Nov. 30, 2011 1:49 pm

harleymike....... Glad to see you are headed in the right direction with your coal burning experience. Lots of great members here on this site with plenty of knowledge on stoves and burning coal. They are also always ready to help out others who ask. Burn safe and have a great burning season. ;)

Return to “Antiques, Baseburners, Kitchen Stoves, Restorations & Modern Reproductions”