Stovehospital Road Trip

echos67

Post by echos67 » Fri. Nov. 25, 2011 1:38 pm

Well the wife and I are off to visit Emery and Brandon at the StoveHospital durring this long Thanksgiving weekend. I plan to leave Maryland around 2 in the morning tonight and get there between 9-10am tomorrow. I am thinking I should be back home around 8pm tomorrow evening, alot of driving but it should be well worth it.

I am really looking forward to spending an hour or 2 learning all I can, and seeing all the wonderful stoves they have. I may get to update my avatar finally, well see what finds its way into the back of the Cherokee for the trip back home.

We have not been to this part of the country so that will make for an interesting drive home when its light out.
Anyone along the route that may need something picked up let me know and we can see if we can work out the details.

Keith

coal bob
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Ds machine basement#4 stove with hopper
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite
Other Heating: Propane

Post by coal bob » Fri. Nov. 25, 2011 3:04 pm

echos67 wrote:Well the wife and I are off to visit Emery and Brandon at the StoveHospital durring this long Thanksgiving weekend. I plan to leave Maryland around 2 in the morning tonight and get there between 9-10am tomorrow. I am thinking I should be back home around 8pm tomorrow evening, alot of driving but it should be well worth it.

I am really looking forward to spending an hour or 2 learning all I can, and seeing all the wonderful stoves they have. I may get to update my avatar finally, well see what finds its way into the back of the Cherokee for the trip back home.

We have not been to this part of the country so that will make for an interesting drive home when its light out.
Anyone along the route that may need something picked up let me know and we can see if we can work out the details.

Keith
ill take 1 glenwwod # 6,2 ton of nut and a 12 pack :lol: :lol: :lol: have a safe trip... bob

grizzly2
Other Heating: Oil foilfurnace, Jotul#3 woodstove,electric base board.

Post by grizzly2 » Fri. Nov. 25, 2011 6:03 pm

I would want to take my truck and a fat wallet. I'm sure you will see some tempting stoves. :)

echos67

Post by echos67 » Fri. Nov. 25, 2011 6:35 pm

coal bob wrote:
echos67 wrote:Well the wife and I are off to visit Emery and Brandon at the StoveHospital durring this long Thanksgiving weekend. I plan to leave Maryland around 2 in the morning tonight and get there between 9-10am tomorrow. I am thinking I should be back home around 8pm tomorrow evening, alot of driving but it should be well worth it.

Keith
ill take 1 glenwwod # 6,2 ton of nut and a 12 pack :lol: :lol: :lol: have a safe trip... bob
:jawdrop: That sounds like a great package Bob, I think I would just have to keep going to my house with that, hope you wont mind,lol. I should be more careful what I offer lol.
grizzly2 wrote:I would want to take my truck and a fat wallet. I'm sure you will see some tempting stoves. :)
grizzly2 I don't have either one of those, I did confirm fitment though so I wouldnt have to drag the trailer all the way though.

nortcan

Post by nortcan » Fri. Nov. 25, 2011 8:38 pm

Have a nice trip and be safe on the road.
I also want a No 6
Seriously, if possible for you and permitted, bring us as many photos as you can.

echos67

Post by echos67 » Sat. Nov. 26, 2011 1:59 am

nortcan wrote:Have a nice trip and be safe on the road.
I also want a No 6
Seriously, if possible for you and permitted, bring us as many photos as you can.
Thanks Nortcan,
I will see what I can do on the pictures, I enjoy looking at all the posts with pictures myself.

jpete
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Post by jpete » Sat. Nov. 26, 2011 2:59 pm

Isn't the Stove Hospital somewhere in my neck of the woods?

I wish I had seen the post before now, I might have met you over there. :)

Hope you had a good trip!

SteveZee
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood Modern Oak 116 & Glenwood 208 C Range

Post by SteveZee » Sat. Nov. 26, 2011 6:47 pm

Yep it sure is jpete. Just a bit southeast of you. Have a great trip and drive safe Keith. Hope you find what you're looking for.

echos67

Post by echos67 » Sat. Nov. 26, 2011 10:01 pm

We had a great trip and made it back safely, the Cherokee was sitting lower in the rear though :D .

I will say this however, Emery and Brandon are some class "A" fellas. You cant ask for a nicer pair of guys more than willing to share their wealth of information. I highly recommend giving them a call.
jpete wrote:Isn't the Stove Hospital somewhere in my neck of the woods?

I wish I had seen the post before now, I might have met you over there. :)

Hope you had a good trip!
jpete, that would have been great, sorry it didnt work out this time, maybe if I head back in the spring we could work it out ? The wife and I were both impressed with RI, loved the cedar siding on the homes.
SteveZee wrote:Yep it sure is jpete. Just a bit southeast of you. Have a great trip and drive safe Keith. Hope you find what you're looking for.
Thanks Steve, I saw the firepot lining material you talked about in a previous post, the kind similar to a clay that you form into place, I will be using that myself.

I will try and get some pictures up tomorrow, pretty worn out now.
Talk to you all later.

SteveZee
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood Modern Oak 116 & Glenwood 208 C Range

Post by SteveZee » Sun. Nov. 27, 2011 9:10 am

Nice Keith,

I see you're keeping us in suspense as any good teller of tales would! :D Can't wait to hear and see what you've got!

Cheers,
Z
PS: I just read another thread with the new score! All I can say is congratulations (Baseheater Dude!) Keith, you will never be sorry you bought that stove and may it serve you well for many years to come.

nortcan

Post by nortcan » Sun. Nov. 27, 2011 10:00 am

Yes Keith, rumors travel very fast on here...
Félicitations

echos67

Post by echos67 » Sun. Nov. 27, 2011 12:59 pm

SteveZee wrote:Nice Keith,

I see you're keeping us in suspense as any good teller of tales would! :D Can't wait to hear and see what you've got!

Cheers,
Z
PS: I just read another thread with the new score! All I can say is congratulations (Baseheater Dude!) Keith, you will never be sorry you bought that stove and may it serve you well for many years to come.
Thanks alot Steve, its yourself and others on here that make it possible by sharring your knowledges so people like myself new to coal can make better decisions.

Here are some pictures from the Tour, I was completely overwhelmed. Every place we went there was so much to look at and try and take in mentally, just an amazing trip and alot of fun. I think the wife may have a few pictures on her phone also, I need to check though.
Stove Hospital.jpg
.JPG | 85.8KB | Stove Hospital.jpg
Stove Hospital 2.jpg
.JPG | 124.9KB | Stove Hospital 2.jpg
Stove Hospital 3.jpg
.JPG | 43.3KB | Stove Hospital 3.jpg
Stove Hospital 4.jpg
.JPG | 59.8KB | Stove Hospital 4.jpg

echos67

Post by echos67 » Sun. Nov. 27, 2011 1:04 pm

nortcan wrote:Yes Keith, rumors travel very fast on here...
Félicitations
I see that :D !

I thought of you Nortcan, when I saw this little stove sitting there soaking in the sun.
Stove Hospital 5.jpg
.JPG | 76KB | Stove Hospital 5.jpg
Couple more,
Stove Hospital 6.jpg
.JPG | 44.3KB | Stove Hospital 6.jpg
Stove Hospital 7.jpg
.JPG | 41.6KB | Stove Hospital 7.jpg
Keith

nortcan

Post by nortcan » Sun. Nov. 27, 2011 1:21 pm

Thanks Keith, nice photos. Seems that you and you wife made a good trip. And about YOUR'S?

echos67

Post by echos67 » Sun. Nov. 27, 2011 1:25 pm

Here are the pictures that Emery sent that started this spontaneous trip. We touched 6 states each way, Starting in Maryland to Delaware to New Jersey to New York to Connecticut to Massachusetts to Rhode Island. I did not realize I needed to take out a small loan to pay for the tolls however, whats crazy is the roads with the highest tolls were in the worst condition :lol: .
basebottom.jpg
.JPG | 25.4KB | basebottom.jpg
Brandon next to the stove we brought back home.
glenbase1.jpg
.JPG | 544.1KB | glenbase1.jpg
Sorry Bob, your address not able to be found in my GPS for some reason :D so I couldnt drop it off to you :lol:
Last edited by echos67 on Sun. Nov. 27, 2011 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Antiques, Baseburners, Kitchen Stoves, Restorations & Modern Reproductions”