I Have My Base Burner (BB)

Smokeyja
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #6 baseheater, Richmond Advance Range, WarmMorning 414a x2
Coal Size/Type: Nut / Anthracite
Other Heating: none

Post by Smokeyja » Sun. Jan. 29, 2012 10:43 pm

wilderness wrote:i will post some pics when I figure out how - lol - I shouldnt say 10x nicier than anyones stove but this came out beautiful - I spent 10 days steel wooling every piece - 6 coats of airless sprayed paint stove black - my buddy runs a plating company - and had all ornate pieces including base nickel plated - all original - I hate to part with it - can be used for heating but I did it as a project - don't know diddily about its worth or year made - all info points to late 1800's early 1900's - reaaly cool and intricate piece of americana - pics coming soon I hope
So you will be selling a golden bride? Where do you live?

nortcan

Post by nortcan » Mon. Jan. 30, 2012 10:17 am

Smokeyja wrote:
wilderness wrote:i will post some pics when I figure out how - lol - I shouldnt say 10x nicier than anyones stove but this came out beautiful - I spent 10 days steel wooling every piece - 6 coats of airless sprayed paint stove black - my buddy runs a plating company - and had all ornate pieces including base nickel plated - all original - I hate to part with it - can be used for heating but I did it as a project - don't know diddily about its worth or year made - all info points to late 1800's early 1900's - reaaly cool and intricate piece of americana - pics coming soon I hope
So you will be selling a golden bride? Where do you live?
Smokey, are you planning to buy all antique stoves around and have a museum for them? Don't forget to have videos ( I mean stoves related vids) playing in the showroom! If so be prepared to get a lot of visitors, even from Canada :clap:
P/S I just hope not to see an ""insert"" in your showroom :lol:

Smokeyja
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #6 baseheater, Richmond Advance Range, WarmMorning 414a x2

Post by Smokeyja » Mon. Jan. 30, 2012 2:40 pm

nortcan wrote:
Smokeyja wrote: So you will be selling a golden bride? Where do you live?
Smokey, are you planning to buy all antique stoves around and have a museum for them? Don't forget to have videos ( I mean stoves related vids) playing in the showroom! If so be prepared to get a lot of visitors, even from Canada :clap:
P/S I just hope not to see an ""insert"" in your showroom :lol:
Haha no but I do what to restore as many as I can and find them good homes. But I can't pass up the idea of possibly being able to buy a bride after seeing yours Pierre. It is just plain beautiful!

nortcan

Post by nortcan » Mon. Jan. 30, 2012 3:11 pm

Thanks and good luck with the project, always good to have somes. Anyways, for the insert, if you find one, don't restore it, I will take it as is and give you a nice $25 cash, plus in US $$$. :oops:
If the Bride is a small one and if you need a small heat output, these stoves work very well. And if you need more heat, the Bride can warm you up easily. Hope it has the round Ransom outer grate. Once you have tried it, it's hard to forget it.

wilderness

Post by wilderness » Mon. Jan. 30, 2012 10:57 pm

yes I will sell - you want it ? whats your offer - based on excellent condition

wsherrick
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood Base Heater, Crawford Base Heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford Base Heater, Glenwood, Stanley Argand
Coal Size/Type: Chestnut, Stove Size

Post by wsherrick » Tue. Jan. 31, 2012 11:33 am

wilderness wrote:yes I will sell - you want it ? whats your offer - based on excellent condition
As far as the, "excellent," condition of your stove is concerned. Seeing is believing.

nortcan

Post by nortcan » Tue. Jan. 31, 2012 5:11 pm

Wildernes, we still wait to see that ""10x nicer"" stove! : :?

Smokeyja

Post by Smokeyja » Tue. Jan. 31, 2012 6:09 pm

Hmm well excellent can be determined many different ways. For instance, I cringe when I hear the use of stove paint. Stove paint burns off always and it can hinder the wonderful details in the castings when many coats are applied. But like William said "seeing is believing" so let's see it :)

smithy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Columbia
Baseburners & Antiques: Chicago Stove Works home perfect 214
Coal Size/Type: Nut

Post by smithy » Tue. Jan. 31, 2012 8:54 pm

wilderness wrote:just redid same stove os the one photographed - I hate to say it but mine looks 10x nicer with all the nickel plated extras - someone painted over original pieces in photo'd stove - I don't know what its worth but im sure its worth a decent amount- all my numbers on the pieces are related to each other- stove was actually being used when I possesed it - have original mica but want to replace it new - does this diminish the value? any help would be helpful - new to the forum thanks vince
The bride may be shiny and 10x a looker, but can she keep you warm at night! An un proven bride is all show and no glow.

wilderness

Post by wilderness » Tue. Jan. 31, 2012 11:31 pm

someone please tell me how to post a pic and I will - lol alotta talk no offers

LsFarm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Post by LsFarm » Wed. Feb. 01, 2012 2:02 am

This reminds me of the 'mail order wives' from the 1800's The poor guy NEVER knew what he was 'buying' until she showed up. :shock: :lol: :x

Ok to upload a photo, first be on a 'post reply' window, like you are typing a reply,, scroll down to below the text box, and there is a gray box labled
'Upload Attachment'. Click on this box and below it will appear another gray box labled 'browse' it has a drop down arrow giving you a list of available
files on your computer or plugged into your computer..
find the file that has your photo 'image' and put the 'address' or file name of your image in the browse box.. then click on the 'Add the file' box.

You then will have a 'place inline' box. this will put the photo in your text message box. place the cursor where you want the photo image then click on the 'place inline' box.

Large files take a moment or two to move around, if your computer is slow or your internet connection is slow.

Check your PM's.

Greg L

Attachments

IMG_1289.JPG
.JPG | 89.3KB | IMG_1289.JPG

nortcan

Post by nortcan » Wed. Feb. 01, 2012 2:04 pm

wilderness wrote:someone please tell me how to post a pic and I will - lol alotta talk no offers
Before making offers, we like to see the product, specially when we talk about a bride. :lol:

nortcan

Post by nortcan » Wed. Feb. 01, 2012 2:08 pm

Very nice dog Greg. From the photo it looks like to be a female Dog is she? They are my favorite dogs.

wilderness

Post by wilderness » Wed. Feb. 01, 2012 5:40 pm

heres a pic for you to see mica not installed yet - new mica on its way - still have used mica set aside

Attachments

stove.jpg
.JPG | 22KB | stove.jpg

echos67

Post by echos67 » Wed. Feb. 01, 2012 6:53 pm

Not a fan of paint on cast iron myself but that stove looks nice, sorry but not 10x nicer.

Does it have a magazine, a cast iron 90 with a damper on the rear, and do you have any pictures of the inside and back ?

Return to “Antiques, Baseburners, Kitchen Stoves, Restorations & Modern Reproductions”