Multi Fuel Boiler

magikk

Post by magikk » Fri. Dec. 05, 2008 7:53 am

Hey everyone,I looking for some info on multi fuel boilers.I want something designed to burn Bit coal with a oil burner for back up.I have Clayton furnace that I put in a out building then I buried the duct work & hooked into my existing duct work.It works ok & it paid for itself the first winter,but it very inefficient.I figure with the boiler will use less coal & be easier to maintain the house temp.I plane on plumbing with pex or maybe copper if the price drops & using fintube.Thanks Mike

LsFarm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Post by LsFarm » Sun. Dec. 07, 2008 3:40 pm

EFM is testing a bituminous version of their EFM 520 boiler, Look in the EFM forum on this site for info, these are available as Dual fuel units as well. This is a stoker fired boiler.. The Harman, NewYorker, and a few other Hand fed boilers could be made to run on oil if you had a second door made to mount the oil gun/burner to.

You may want to keep a close eye on the local papers, craigslist.com , and contact local plumbing and heating contractors.. they often have to remove perfectly good boilers to replace them with a modern gas or oil boiler,, the old coal unit going to scrap.. it's worth the leg work..

Greg L

danzig

Post by danzig » Thu. Dec. 11, 2008 2:55 pm

look at the marathon (logwood coal boiler) ycob. I have one there is a knock out plate for the oil gun. The units burn anthracite, bit coal very well ( I burn both) they also burn logs(wood). Or you can buy a multi fuel furnace. look at
http://www.marathonheaterco.com for your self.

danzig

Post by danzig » Wed. Jan. 21, 2009 4:38 pm

Go to the AHS website they have a good multifuel boiler

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Boilers & Hot Air Furnaces/Stoves Using Bituminous”