7 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 257
- Joined: Tue. Sep. 11, 2018 10:46 pm
- Location: Lehighton PA
- Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF260
- Coal Size/Type: nut, anthracite
so as the titles suggests, i stumbled upon this insane idea for a boiler that i just cant get out of my head... Now i have a harman sf260 with no issues that runs like a dream, but i cant help but keep looking up information on this anthratube designed boiler.... I have it in the back of my head if i ever need to drop 10+k but is there anyone out there with one of these units that can tell me about it, and how you like it?
- Site Moderator
- Posts: 13749
- Joined: Fri. Oct. 27, 2006 2:05 pm
- Location: Guilford, Connecticut
- Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
- Coal Size/Type: Pea
It's a beast. Where did you get the $10K number? New they are probably $3-4K more than that, a good used one can be $2-4K, or less if you're lucky.
- Posts: 10125
- Joined: Sun. May. 02, 2010 11:26 pm
- Location: Junction of PA-OH-WV
- Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
- Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
- Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
- Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar
Haha, where’d you get the $3000.-4000. new price??
- Posts: 3066
- Joined: Fri. Aug. 16, 2019 3:02 pm
- Location: Oneida, N.Y.
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
- Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
- Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
- Coal Size/Type: Nut
- Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace
- Site Moderator
- Posts: 7367
- Joined: Mon. Nov. 11, 2013 11:17 am
- Location: PA, Southern York County!
- Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
- Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
- Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
- Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood
If by "Anthratube" you mean Axeman Anderson Anthratube, here are a few hundred Youtube videos.
And, a few threads on this forum...
Post by StokerDon - 1956 Axeman Anderson 130M Modified
Post by StokerDon - Axeman 130 Heats Wood Boiler
Post by Lawrence p - Axeman Anderson 130 rebuild
Post by Lightning - The Epoch of the Axeman
Post by swyman - Axeman Anderson 260-M adventures!
Post by StokerDon - Axeman Anderson 1959 130M
Ziggy, the author of this thread, actually has a bunch of them for sale.
AA 130 Install
If you go over to the coal stoker boiler section of this forum you will find many people with the same, crazy obsession you have with these things!