Hot

Op4_camper

Post by Op4_camper » Sun. Jan. 20, 2019 5:44 am

photostudio_1547979884176.jpg
.JPG | 17.4KB | photostudio_1547979884176.jpg
I started burn coal 8 yrs ago. Never seen coal before except that Christmas gag coal buckets.

Moved to western pa 13 yrs ago.

Switched from oil to soft coal.

What a learning curve.

First mistake I bought a new hotblast. It works but not a good design.
The grate shaker is bad design. Jams up so I let it burn down about ounce a week shovel out start fresh.

Second i should of figured out what coal burns the best for me.

But it's cheap heat always warm except after 10 hours at work so I'm gone 11 1/2 hours still ambers but a lot of times I'm impatient and put to much fresh coal on and another it.

Last spring i bought a keystroke but I have to put it in garage. Basement ceiling to low to be safe (that's another story)

So no matter what keystroke going in this spring. I have to run all new air ducts from attached garage threw side of plank house.

They really built these houses to last never seen such thick walls.

Anyways i mostly creep and read
Lots of good info here

Thank you

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Sun. Jan. 20, 2019 6:25 am

Wow, 84 degrees. I'd say that's hot!!!

Lots of good info here on modifications to the Hotblast so it can run nicely on anthracite coal. Someone should come along soon to guide you.

fig
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF360
Hand Fed Coal Stove: T.O.M (Warm Morning converted to baseburner by Steve) Round Oak 1917 Door model O-3, Warm Morning 400, Warm Morning 524, Warm Morning 414,Florence No.77, Warm Morning 523-b
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 7.1/DS Machine basement stove/ Harman SF1500
Baseburners & Antiques: Renown Parlor stove 87B
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous/anthracite
Other Heating: Harman Accentra, enviro omega, Vermont Ironworks Elm stove, Quadrafire Mt Vernon, Logwood stove, Sotz barrel stove,

Post by fig » Tue. Jan. 22, 2019 10:02 pm

Wow I hope once I get the warm morning hooked up it'll keep my uninsulated split faced block house that warm. I want to run around in my underwear for a change. I've got the pellet stove nearly wide Open and it's only 65 today. High winds really knock the heat out of this tomb.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Boilers & Hot Air Furnaces/Stoves Using Bituminous”