2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: Sat. Jan. 29, 2011 10:48 pm
- Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF260 Boiler
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
- Coal Size/Type: nut or pea, anthracite
- Other Heating: crown oil boiler, backup.if needed
- Location: Montrose, Pa.
SF-260 boiler is down till i fix double wall chimney on it. Wall T base on outside is rotting away. Ordered new plate, but to install need to disassemble most of chimney and reassemble. Plus roof support needs to be rebanded... band also rotted away. Its been up for 7 years. Plus still waiting for 5 tons of coal. Delivery truck was down last week. Hopefully coal monday or tuesday!
- Posts: 511
- Joined: Thu. Sep. 04, 2014 10:01 am
- Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KB-8
- Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat
- Other Heating: Utica Propane Hot Water
- Location: Western NY 14141
If you can, I think you should post some pictures of the repair, wr love pictures!! And it may be useful to someone considering a ss vs masonry chimney.