Difference Between Florence #153, #154, #155..?

fig
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF360
Hand Fed Coal Stove: T.O.M (Warm Morning converted to baseburner by Steve) Round Oak 1917 Door model O-3, Warm Morning 400, Warm Morning 524, Warm Morning 414,Florence No.77, Warm Morning 523-b
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 7.1/DS Machine basement stove/ Harman SF1500
Baseburners & Antiques: Renown Parlor stove 87B
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous/anthracite
Other Heating: Harman Accentra, enviro omega, Vermont Ironworks Elm stove, Quadrafire Mt Vernon, Logwood stove, Sotz barrel stove,

Post by fig » Tue. Mar. 15, 2016 11:12 am

Does anyone know? Just trying to get some details.

wsherrick
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood Base Heater, Crawford Base Heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford Base Heater, Glenwood, Stanley Argand
Coal Size/Type: Chestnut, Stove Size

Post by wsherrick » Mon. Nov. 14, 2016 9:36 pm

They are the same stoves except that the models with the higher number is the larger stove. If you can get a Florence Hot Blast in good condition. Buy it. They are among the most efficient stoves ever made for Bituminous Coal.

fig
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF360
Hand Fed Coal Stove: T.O.M (Warm Morning converted to baseburner by Steve) Round Oak 1917 Door model O-3, Warm Morning 400, Warm Morning 524, Warm Morning 414,Florence No.77, Warm Morning 523-b
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 7.1/DS Machine basement stove/ Harman SF1500
Baseburners & Antiques: Renown Parlor stove 87B
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous/anthracite
Other Heating: Harman Accentra, enviro omega, Vermont Ironworks Elm stove, Quadrafire Mt Vernon, Logwood stove, Sotz barrel stove,

Post by fig » Mon. Nov. 14, 2016 10:05 pm

Didn't buy it. Functionally it was complete with all the fire ring and that, but cosmetically it was missing alot. It probably wouldn't have mattered since it would be going in the basement. In hindsight wish I did but I already have a round oak with all the fire ring parts and just found the missing trim rings for it. I also got all three doors, door frame,firepot, top bell and chimney adapter for $50. These are spares. Hopefully it will perform as well as the Florence. I'm 15 miles from a bituminous coal mine and itching to try it.

Btw the door frame (spare one) is still riveted to the rusted out barrel. What's the best way to remove those without damaging the door frame?

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Mon. Nov. 14, 2016 10:34 pm

If it's rivets, grind the peened back sides off, so that you don't mark up the cast iron frame face and then drive them out with a pin punch. Or, carefully center punch the rivet heads and drill them out.

Paul

grumpy

Post by grumpy » Mon. Nov. 14, 2016 10:41 pm

I have a #77 and I love it , also a #153 , never heard of the rest.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Boilers & Hot Air Furnaces/Stoves Using Bituminous”