Ash Disposal ?

AA130FIREMAN

Post by AA130FIREMAN » Tue. Feb. 16, 2010 11:08 pm

I'd like to sell mine to the highest bidder, any takers ? Make me an offer :P Guess I'll keep filling the low spots in the yard for now. Azelias and rodedendron like acid, would a little of this work ? If you watch craigslist their are people offering ashes for free. If someone wants to buy the coal I'll give them all the ashes they want!!!! :twisted:

Tamecrow

Post by Tamecrow » Wed. Feb. 17, 2010 9:57 pm

My bituminous ash simply blows away. I dump it in my driveway but it's like dumping a bucket of baby powder. I put a bucket of ash on my back porch last night when it was windy, and the bucket was almost empty this morning. It's red ash and the funny thing is I don't see any red residue anywhere, except my jeans and boots when the wind changes while I'm dumping the bucket.

Terry

Berlin

Post by Berlin » Wed. Feb. 17, 2010 10:50 pm

good articles on coal in Nova Scotia: http://www.novascotia.ca/natr/MEB/pdf/is08.asp

btw, do you know what mine or seam your NS coal comes from?

Tamecrow

Post by Tamecrow » Thu. Feb. 18, 2010 2:46 am

Berlin wrote:good articles on coal in Nova Scotia: http://www.novascotia.ca/natr/MEB/pdf/is08.asp

btw, do you know what mine or seam your NS coal comes from?
I get my coal from Pioneer Coal Co. , formerly 'Princess Mine'. Half hour drive from my house. It's from the northern sector of the Sydney coal field, Hub Seam. It's strip mined and has to be the best coal I've ever burned. I've burned a lot of good quality deep mined coal, and my share of crap strip mined coal (lots of rock and shale) but this stuff is the best yet. Very clean (no rock or shale) and burns to a powder. My cousin does the coal analysis for the local power plant. I'll get the numbers from him. Thanks for the link.

Terry

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Boilers & Hot Air Furnaces/Stoves Using Bituminous”