Reset Button

em

Post by em » Sat. Oct. 21, 2006 11:18 pm

I have a yellow flame boiler/stoker and started it up today. It ran great from 2:30 until 9:00 and all of a sudden it began to get cold in my house. I check it out and found the reset button popped up. I pushed the button down started it up and popped again. kept trying but it kept popping up. Any help?

LsFarm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Post by LsFarm » Sun. Oct. 22, 2006 6:22 pm

I'd guess that the stoker mechanism or the blower is blocked, or rusted up from sitting all summer. The reset button is popping because the motor is overloaded or is stalled. Or possibly the motor has gone bad and needs replacement.

Have you given the unit some regular maintenance like oiling the motor [if it has points to add oil] check the gearbox oil level, and the pusher pivot bearings.??

Check to see that the bed of the stoker moves freely, that the blower doesn't have a mouse nest inside, or other obstruction.

Make sure you don't have a couple of big pieces of coal or pieces of rock jamming the pusher block. You may have to empty the hopper and start with fresh coal if you have some too-big coal in the hopper.

Hope this helps. Greg L

Return to “Coal Bins, Chimneys, CO Detectors & Thermostats”