Power Vent Increasing Speed

tbird1999

Post by tbird1999 » Wed. Jan. 07, 2009 8:38 pm

I have a Leisure Line Pioneer LE with top vent and direct vent power venter. The stove/power venter have been running since new install for about a month. The past couple of days the power venter seems to have a mind of it's own and increases speed causing the baro damper to open almost completely. The only way to get power venter to return to normal speed is turn it off and then back on. This seems to correct the problem but only for a few hours. Any suggestions??

Thanks
Frank

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Wed. Jan. 07, 2009 8:42 pm

Clean and lubricate the PV unit per the Mfgrs recommendation. I use a leaf blower outside to blow all the fly ash out of the PV fan assy, including the little aluminum cooling fan (just make sure you seal the baro in the house when you do this). There is a special SWG lube for PVs costs $18, but is worth it IMO. ;)

TGMC

Post by TGMC » Wed. Jan. 07, 2009 8:55 pm

If the powervent is hooked to a rehostat, the rehostat might be going bad. If it's bad replace it. If not clean and lube the pv with mfg recomended oil.

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Thu. Jan. 08, 2009 7:35 am

Or if it's windy outside, it could be pulling more air from it and increasing the speed at times. Maybe when a door/garage is open in the house, etc... then more air can be sucked thru?

tbird1999

Post by tbird1999 » Sun. Jan. 11, 2009 5:52 pm

Thanks for the help. Cleaned the power vent again with no luck. Installed a new rehostat, it seems to be doing the trick.

Return to “Coal Bins, Chimneys, CO Detectors & Thermostats”