Wind Stories Here!

coalmeister

Post by coalmeister » Tue. Dec. 30, 2008 11:19 pm

av8r wrote:
cArNaGe wrote:My porch furniture and the carpet off my porch are in my neighbors yard.

:lol:
I guess this is my year to put on the steel roofing. Anyone used the steel stuff?
Funny you should mention steel roofing, just saw this afternoon a steel roof wadded/folded up like an accordion on a low pitch west facing roof. Took me a minute to figure out what it was it was so messed up

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Wed. Dec. 31, 2008 7:52 am

My 6" baro was maxed out for most of yesterday, and that is with the weight set on 0.5

NOPEC

Post by NOPEC » Wed. Dec. 31, 2008 9:46 am

80' white oak got uprooted. half of a standing dead elm came down snapping off two healthy 6" diameter, 20' tall cherry trees 4' and 6' off the ground, respectively. I swear, any time I get juvenile timber starting to look decent, something falls on it, it gets hit by lightening or a stinking deer rubs it to death getting ready for the rut. at this rate, I'll never have enough timber to pad my retirement. the upside is that I have half of my firewood for next fall on the ground already and accessible via quad for harvesting.

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Wed. Dec. 31, 2008 12:26 pm

coalmeister wrote:just saw this afternoon a steel roof wadded/folded up like an accordion
Reminds me of a Maine humorist that had the same thing happen. He said he didn't want to just throw it out, he thought he should make sure it got recycled so he shipped it to the Ford Motor Company. 6 weeks later he got a letter in the mail from Ford: "If you can tell us the year & model, we'll see what we can do about repairing it". :)

cArNaGe

Post by cArNaGe » Wed. Dec. 31, 2008 12:41 pm

GettingStoked wrote:
but heck to stay on topic, why not tell us how the wind was in your area??
:lol:

I still have a bet with a guy I work with. I bet him I could ski (on a calm day, little traffic) from one end of the pack to the other. With out falling, In Blue Jeans, and stay dry!

Anyway its been windy here also.

So I have a question. Folks saying there baro is maxed.

Mine stays pretty consistent. Its mostly open even when the fire is out. Is this because my chimney is so high? 45 feet.

BigBarney

Post by BigBarney » Wed. Dec. 31, 2008 4:44 pm

Pymatuning Lake is the largest in State but is on the Ohio border,its 3x as large as Lake Wallenpaupack.

It is where you can see the ducks walk on the backs of the carp at the spillway.Been there many times.
**Broken Link(s) Removed**https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pymatuning_Lake

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2204

BigBarney

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Thu. Jan. 01, 2009 10:56 am

cArNaGe wrote: So I have a question. Folks saying there baro is maxed.

Mine stays pretty consistent. Its mostly open even when the fire is out. Is this because my chimney is so high? 45 feet.
Yes.

Return to “Coal Bins, Chimneys, CO Detectors & Thermostats”