Coal-Trol & Alaska 140

Kungur

Post by Kungur » Tue. Dec. 16, 2008 7:42 am

I think I saw some where in this forum that one should not use these two together. Am I imagining this? I am waiting on my Alaska and after reading about the Coal-Trol units they sound great.
Anyone using them with an Alaska 140?

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Tue. Dec. 16, 2008 8:42 am

Why not?

I know some NEW units are hardwired and you would have to cut the wires and put plugs on them, and that would void your warranty. I didn't opt for that reason on my Keystoker, but it works fine with the Digital thermostat. I have the Coaltrol on my Hyfire, it was already wired with plugs, so it was easy to convert.

...and YES it does work great. Read all the reviews on the CoalTrol Section of this forum of all the users of it with many different stoves.

Kungur

Post by Kungur » Sat. Jan. 03, 2009 5:52 pm

So is there anyone using this combo?

DOUG

Post by DOUG » Sat. Jan. 03, 2009 6:39 pm

Hi, Kungur. I would not hesitate one second to converting your Alaska Tri-burners to the Coal-trol Digital. Voiding the warranty or not. I'm using the Coal-trol with my Tri-burners with the external blower attached, in Non-Tri-burner mode, and I have tell you it was the best thing I could have done!!! Once it is set, all there is to do is fill the hopper and empty the ashes. If it wasn't for that, I'd swear the conventional gas was on. Set the desired house temperature and the Coal-trol does it!! The house always stays within one degree of the setting. The Coal-trol is truly the BEST investment for complete burning of the coal and TOTAL AUTOMATION of your stove! :idea: :D

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Sun. Jan. 04, 2009 11:26 am

One thing to be careful of is the size of your blower. many of the 140s have a 1500 cfm blower which will exceed the amperage rating of the Coal-Trol. Give the good folks at Automation Correct a call (315-299-3589) before you go too far. ;)

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Sun. Jan. 04, 2009 11:30 am

If you didn't order the CoalTrol External Fan Relay Option, you need to have that installed for the Coaltrol and it will control a 24V?/110V Relay for your larger blower and/or furnace blower.

Return to “Coal Bins, Chimneys, CO Detectors & Thermostats”