FSA or Manual on Coal-Trol?

Bud L

Post by Bud L » Sat. Dec. 06, 2008 12:45 pm

Is it better to run the stove in FSA or Manual? My thinking is(this should be good) If I run in FSA and the cvn fans run at 30% to keep the temp stable. Will I burn less coal by keeping the cvn fans running in manual at 60% to keep the same temp? Am I thinking too deep into this? Should I just crack another beer and enjoy the heat? lol

pvolcko
Verified Business Rep.

Post by pvolcko » Sat. Dec. 06, 2008 3:23 pm

It's really more a matter of personal preference and comfort. More air circulating will mean the air coming out of the stove will be a bit lower temperature. Some people don't like this, others see benefit from getting the air moving more around the room/home. If there are any fuel savings to be had, they will likely be very small, probably unmeasureably so.

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Sat. Dec. 06, 2008 4:21 pm

I run both, normally in Auto mode, but when I need more air/heat circulation, I bump it up to 40-50% and the room seems to heat up faster, maybe for 30 mins or so, then it seems to maintain better, especially if I raise the temp 1-2 degrees, the warm air will circulate and satisfy the thermostat faster.

Bud L

Post by Bud L » Sun. Dec. 07, 2008 8:20 am

Thank you for your replys.

Return to “Coal Bins, Chimneys, CO Detectors & Thermostats”