HELP. NEED Cathedral Ceiling Support Box ASAP!

Heish1

Post by Heish1 » Thu. Oct. 30, 2008 3:04 pm

My supplier (Phegers in New Cumberland Pa) :shock: finally told me today that the reason my Chimney and piping has not been scheduled to be picked up yet is because they can't find a Catherdral Ceiling Support Box for my 6" piping. This is all I need to get my reconditioned Harman Mark II up and running. They said that since this product in not in demand, their wholesaler will not change out the dies to make one. Next scheduled run time to make one of these will not be for weeks!
Anyone know where I may be able to get one of these as soon as possible?
Thanks and Semper Fi.
Randy

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Thu. Oct. 30, 2008 3:12 pm

What kind of chimney is it? Brand name?

Heish1

Post by Heish1 » Thu. Oct. 30, 2008 5:00 pm

The paperwork I have, the name is Hart & Cooley. Not sure if this helps or not? Phagers has ordered everything, but I have not picked it up since they are waiting for this box.

Vr,
Randy

Freddy

Post by Freddy » Thu. Oct. 30, 2008 5:57 pm

I'll make a phone call tomorrow & see if my wholesaler carries that name. I don't think he does, but if so I'll see if he has one in stock.

Heish1

Post by Heish1 » Thu. Oct. 30, 2008 9:16 pm

Freddie. Thank you so much. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks again and very much appreciated.
Randy

Heish1

Post by Heish1 » Fri. Oct. 31, 2008 7:46 pm

Freddie, any luck?

Freddy

Post by Freddy » Fri. Oct. 31, 2008 8:02 pm

Randy, Nothing that anyone in this area has heard of.... sorry!

Oh sure... now that tomorrow is Sat I just had a thought... what is the exact outside diameter of it? I'm thinking one of the ceiling supports just clamps to the outside, rather than catch inside a lip. Maybe a different brand would work. Ohhhh, I just remembered, one place is open Sat til noon.

Complete Heat

Post by Complete Heat » Fri. Oct. 31, 2008 9:18 pm

Randy,
Hart & Cooley is generally carried by plumbing and Heating supply houses. It is not one of the better brands out there. Security brand pipe is the best class "A" pipe out there, and it is readily available. I have all the parts in stock for 6", and could have stuff shipped to you for Tuesday.

Mike

Heish1

Post by Heish1 » Sun. Nov. 02, 2008 3:56 pm

Unfortunately I already ordered everything via Phagers in Camp Hill Pa. I did this about three weeks ago, and it wasn't until I called them last week that they gave me the bad news about the cathedral support box. I haven't paid them anything yet, haven't picked anything up either, but don't know what would happen if I just cancelled the order? If I could get out of any fees, then I would order everything off of you (would have to know the price first) and have it shipped.
Thanks,
Randy

Freddy

Post by Freddy » Sun. Nov. 02, 2008 5:07 pm

Looks like you have things under control. Just a few more steps & you'll be nice & warm.

slb04786

Post by slb04786 » Wed. Nov. 05, 2008 8:06 am

Randy,

How have you made out with your order? I just did a quick saerch on the internet and found a few hits. Here is one
**Broken Link(s) Removed**

Heish1

Post by Heish1 » Thu. Nov. 06, 2008 2:39 pm

Stan. Earlier this week, a Rep from Hart and Cooley contacted me and told me they were sending one via FEDEX to my wholesaler. Picked it up today, talke to my installer about putting it in tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be able to go out and buy some coal before the industry goes bankrupt ;) and have the stove fired up before Monday when the colder weather is supposed to move into central PA.
Any words of wisdom?

Thanks,
Randy

slb04786

Post by slb04786 » Fri. Nov. 07, 2008 9:52 am

Randy,
It would seem that you are being taken care of. The only words of wisdom I would offer is to update your profile. Put your location and coal stove information in there. When you get around to burning coal you are going to have questions. Not might but will have questions. It will be easier for others to help you knowing where you are located and the manufacture and model of you furnace/boiler. The only other thing I would add is "enjoy the heat". I got my boiler installed and a fire going just over 2 weeks ago. The fire hasn't gone out since. I am impressed.

Heish1

Post by Heish1 » Mon. Dec. 01, 2008 4:37 pm

Yes, everything is going great. Took a whole week to get things right, but that was about three weeks ago and it's going better than I thought it would. I originally intended on only heating about 1500 square feet, but now it's well over 2000 and that's with the draft turned back.

Went to a sale last Friday. It featured a coal stove about 6 feet tall and 3 feet wide. It was a huge stove from a large department store and it was chrome. Man what a beauty! I could just imagine it sitting in a huge area around 1900 and people walking all around. I was wondering how much coal that thing would have eaten up in a days time?

Return to “Coal Bins, Chimneys, CO Detectors & Thermostats”