Circulation Blower Control

weigelbrood

Post by weigelbrood » Sun. Oct. 19, 2008 8:10 am

I have an Alaska stoker stove with twin blowers (unsure of cfm). This year they seem to lack any pep. The variable speed control does not appear to effect much change to their speed.

Does anyone know how I can check their performance? I prefer that they be on high at all times, and right now, they may be on low with no adjustment to a higher level possible. If I remove the variable speed control and place them on an on/off switch, will that cause them to either be on high or off?

Thanks.

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Sun. Oct. 19, 2008 9:14 am

If you hook directly to a switch or outlet, the blowers would be running FULL. Check them first to see if they do go to full speed, therefore, your reohstat would be bad and can very easily be replaced. YOu can also put a TEMP control switch (DuctStat at any local Home Depot) or a Temperature Snap Switch to wire up and make the blowers come on at a certain temperature. Various things you can do, I would put a new rehostat to control the speed.

fishhunter

Post by fishhunter » Sun. Oct. 19, 2008 12:04 pm

you may want to try and take the wire screen off the fans and clean the fins out real good. I know mine get hair and whatever else sucked into them and I am sure that limits there blowing capacity. I use an old toothbrush to clean them and then give them a good suck with the shop-vac.

it may work and would be free.

weigelbrood

Post by weigelbrood » Sun. Oct. 19, 2008 10:01 pm

I'll try to wire them directly to an outlet to run on full all the time. I usually leave them running on full and adjust the stove feed to control heat output. Do you think I could use a rheostat to control my Field controls powervent? I bought a rheostat last year for that purpose but it did not work. Perhaps there is a specific design for that purpose? I am concerned that much of my heat is being sucked out the vent....

Thanks.

Return to “Coal Bins, Chimneys, CO Detectors & Thermostats”