Starting Fire With Coal Trol

jrn8265

Post by jrn8265 » Thu. Oct. 02, 2008 12:27 pm

Can someone please outline the exact steps on how to start a fire in a keystoker koker stoker using the coal trol?

I do have coal mice.

Thank you!

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Thu. Oct. 02, 2008 12:36 pm

What I do. Turn the power off to the coaltrol. Should be a switch.

You can just put a coal mouse on the burner plate in the middle, put some coal on top and around, light it, turn the Power on to the CoalTrol, set your thermostat so the temp is close to the room temp or equal to it, so it doesn't try and feed too much at once until it gets going and doesn't push your coal mouse off the burn plate. Once the coal ignites good, move the temp. up a couple degrees and it should start to take over....It does take a while to get it going good (20-30 mins) to get everythign up to temperature and burning nicely....

There is a manual feed option on the Coal Trol (Hold Setup and run thru Menu for FEED and you can set the feed rate to keep feeding for a certain amount of time. I don't use it, it normally lights and maintains pretty good. Should be in the manual.

jrn8265

Post by jrn8265 » Thu. Oct. 02, 2008 1:39 pm

Thanks much

gambler

Post by gambler » Thu. Oct. 02, 2008 3:15 pm

I do the same thing as WNY but I put my coal-trol on the "min" setting from the setup menu. Then when it gets going good I just finish scolling through menu and the stove is running on the t-stat.

Return to “Coal Bins, Chimneys, CO Detectors & Thermostats”