Coal Trol That Will Control Both the Koker Blower and Primary Furnace Blower?

jrn8265

Post by jrn8265 » Wed. Sep. 17, 2008 7:47 am

"Give us a call and we'll see about getting you set up with a unit that has our external/aux fan switch on it. This option allows you to wire to the control board of you furnace and control the fan that way. It works in parallel with your existing furnace setup, meaning you do not need to disconnect the motor from it or disconnect your furnace's thermostat. This is what we recommend for those wanting to control furnace's blower. "

I ordered a Koker from keystoker with the coal trol option. How do I upgrade the provided Coal trol to the above that will control both the koker blower and furnace blower?

Seems it is a special or different coal Trol?

Can't I just run a hot wire from the koker motor to the furnace motor and keep the coal trol out of the loop entirely?

Thanks!

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Wed. Sep. 17, 2008 1:54 pm

I think they supply an external relay box that is controlled with the Coaltrol.

Same question here.
Post by WNY - Coal Trol/Keystoker/Dual Blowers

pvolcko
Verified Business Rep.

Post by pvolcko » Thu. Sep. 18, 2008 6:41 pm

Jrn,

Please give us a call to discuss what you're wanting to do and so we can help you get your Keystoker order modified (if that is what you decide to do). Our number is 315-299-3589.

Keystoker orders a modified version of the Coal-trol Standard from us for their normal Coal-trol installation. If you're wanting to add the dry contacts to wire into your furnace control board (in parallel with the fanc ontrol wires coming off your existing thermostat for the furnace) it would be best to see if we can modify your order to indicate that you want this so when Keystoker makes the stove they can order it with your desired change from their normal control. Alternatively, if you want us to add these contacts after you've taken delivery you can call us to setup an RMA for service and then send in the control module to us for modification, however this will be at cost (when you call we'll quote you the price).

Finally, if you are planning to use a bonnet limit switch to control the Koker's fan (independent of the coal-trol) you can potentially wire in your furnace fan too, however this will depend on the ratings of the motors and the switch.

I'm sorry if I'm not being clear in my attempts to help you on this. There are multiple ways to accomplish what you're wanting to do, some involve the Coal-trol and others do not. Choosing between them depends on what you're hooking up to, if you plan to use the bonnet limit switch or not, and if you need parallel control of the furnace blower from both control points (coaltrol and furnace thermo). It is easiest to discuss this in realtime over the phone and that will best enable us to help you make a change to your stove order if that is needed.

jrn8265

Post by jrn8265 » Fri. Sep. 19, 2008 6:29 am

Will do, thanks!

Return to “Coal Bins, Chimneys, CO Detectors & Thermostats”