2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 75
- Joined: Sun. Dec. 08, 2019 10:05 pm
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vermont Castings Vigilant II, Godin 3720, Godin 3731
- Coal Size/Type: Pea, Nut and Stove Coal
If I were to install a stove in front of a fireplace or an insert, What is the best way to connect a 6” stove pipe to an existing clay lined brick fireplace chimney? Assuming the clay liner is cleaned, in good shape and no metallic liner installation needed… Is there a rectangular adaptor that replaces the fireplace damper with a 6” fitting?
- Posts: 1969
- Joined: Fri. Dec. 23, 2016 2:36 pm
- Location: clearfield,pa
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: D S 1500, Warm Moring 400
- Baseburners & Antiques: Art Garland 145,GW114 ,Clarion 115, Vestal 20 Globe,New Royal22 Globe, Red Cross Oak 56,Acme Ventiduct 38,Radiant Airblast 626,Home Airblast 62,Moores #7,Moores 3way
- Coal Size/Type: stove and nut and some bit
- Other Heating: Propain
Contact member D.lapan. He made a special fireplace damper cover for a customer about a month ago. Connects to 6 inch single wall chimney pipe.