- Posts: 5639
- Joined: Mon. Mar. 10, 2014 10:06 pm
- Location: Peasleeville NY
- Stoker Coal Boiler: 1984 Eshland S260 coal gun
- Coal Size/Type: Lehigh anthracite pea
- Other Heating: air source heat pump, oil furnace
Goin with three zones, thermostat on each, what the pros and cons on using a standard circulator vs a smart circulator like a alpha-2? I run a single grundfos 3 speed on my boiler now, that feeds into my house, where I have a manifold, one zone on that is 24/7 circulation for dhw, other zone is zone valved for downstairs radiators, other zone is zone valved for water to air exchanger for upstairs furnace, going to take out the upstairs furnace and ductwork and use that zone to feed the manifold for the radiant heat, so I’m assuming I’ll need a circulator on the radiant zone, I can’t imagine my current grundfos out in the boiler room can do the radiant loops also?? I’ve never had luck actually figuring out circulator limits.