Magnetic "snap disc" switch auto thermostat

Hounds51
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2 Legacy TLC 2000 one in the upper and 1 in the lower part of the house
Coal Size/Type: Wood and pea, nut ,stove and egg coal

Post by Hounds51 » Wed. Dec. 16, 2020 1:57 pm

I know I had originally posted this on another topic, but I thought this might help someone who tunes into this topic.

Has anyone ever wired up a magnetic "snap disc" switch for their fans?
I have two fans running off of one of these, and they work really well. I tried to post a picture of one of these, but couldn't figure out how to post it. I think it comes on at around 120 degrees, and shuts off at 90 degrees.
Mine is a set snap disc, but you can get adjustable one. I think those have a 30 degree set also. Example if you would set it for 140 degrees, it would come on at 140, and go off around 110 degrees.
I find that the set ones can be moved around the back of the stove and it's a bit trial and error, but you can find a sweet spot on your stove for your fans to turn on and off automatically with the temperature.
I know it's not a new idea, but I have not found any threads that really give the coal user information on the wiring or use of the snap disc's. I will try to leave a E-Bay address on here, so that you may see what I am talking about.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Magntic-Fireplace-Thermo ... 2749.l2649

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Wed. Dec. 16, 2020 5:09 pm

I think the topics can be moved to proper categories by the Admins.

There was a lot of comments on the same topic of many of us that use the the snap disc temp switches for various control of things. Mostly blower controls.

Return to “Coal Bins, Chimneys, CO Detectors & Thermostats”