Coal Trol Not Working Correctly - I think?

wildbill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by wildbill » Mon. Feb. 18, 2019 9:34 am

New guy here. I purchased a used Leisure Line Pioneer - my first time burning coal in a stoker. Took me awhile figuring things out, but I don't think the Coal-Trol is working properly. When I fire the stove up, it heats the room up to above 80, then cools off to the upper 60's, then heats up to close to 80 again. I've set the thermostat to different temps but the stove acts the same. The other night I woke up during the night to 90. What makes me think the Coal-Trol isn't functioning properly is that the light never comes on, and the stove will not function at an even temp. It fluctuates dramatically. When I disconnect the thermostat, the stove shuts down so it's doing something - but not doing it correctly. Being a newby and not having any local Leisure Line technicians, I don't know just what I should do. Can anyone offer some sound advice? It would be very much appreciated.

xmanjeff
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: keystoker 90 dv

Post by xmanjeff » Mon. Feb. 18, 2019 4:27 pm

if you call the guys from coal troll or leasure line they should get you straightened out , there are some other settings in there that are important ,that if mis set could cause what you are describing ,you may be able to find it on the internet or do a search on here , I have a coal troll and it works flawlessly , sounds like yours is overshooting

my cft is 7 , max is 91 , min is 11

2001Sierra
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90 Chimney vent
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Buderus Oil Boiler 3115-34

Post by 2001Sierra » Mon. Feb. 18, 2019 5:08 pm

Hold down the left most button until the diplay changes, you then can toggle through the set settings, if you hold the sam button longer it will go to a settings display where the min and max values and others will be displayed. The online user's manual will give you the defaults for your manufacturer.

Return to “Coal Bins, Chimneys, CO Detectors & Thermostats”