Portable Conveyor System?

bfinalle

Post by bfinalle » Sat. Jun. 14, 2008 9:56 am

I'm looking for some kind of a small portable conveyor system that could be used to "shoot" the coal through my basement wall into my coal bin which will hold about 5 ton. The access door is 21" wide by 18" high and is about 20" off the ground. It would preferable have some sort of bin to load the coal into and then a conveyor to "shoot" it into the bin through the wall. It is hard in my area (DuBois, PA) to find someone who will deliver and chute the coal into my bin. My ultimate plan is to build a bin large enough to hold a triaxle load of coal and then put it into my basement bin as needed each year with a a small loader. Is anyone aware of something like this that is sold by a manufacturer or have plans of some sort to build one? I am so glad I put in a Keystoker when I built my house 6 years ago. The only other options at that time for me were propane and oil, yikes! Thanks for any help anyone can provide with my queston.

coalboy

Post by coalboy » Sun. Jun. 15, 2008 9:18 pm

A screw drive auger.Similar to what a farmer uses to load grain from there trucks to a silo for storage.But one smaller in length.check a Ag store in your area.[Tractor Supply]to name one. Coalboy.

bfinalle

Post by bfinalle » Sun. Jun. 15, 2008 11:23 pm

Thanks. That sounds like an idea to look into.

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Mon. Jun. 16, 2008 12:13 am

You need one of these :D :
truck_001c.jpg
.JPG | 68.5KB | truck_001c.jpg
Assuming you don't have the $30K for new lift like that +truck the auger is probably your best bet. Sounds expensive but that lift will do 8 ton with right box. We used to deliver to factory out in Benton with one of those augers and it worked quite well. Just had to be careful you didn't get a lot of coal in it.

syncmaster
Stoker Coal Boiler: harmanVF3000 Coal/oil option
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by syncmaster » Mon. Jun. 16, 2008 7:14 am

One of my coal delivery guys has a portable conveyor and will bring it for a extra charge of $30.00
You should try calling around and see if a coal deliverer by you has one.
Last edited by syncmaster on Mon. Jun. 16, 2008 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

gambler

Post by gambler » Mon. Jun. 16, 2008 7:20 am

Maybe you could make one from an old treadmill. You can get used treadmills really cheap.

Sting
Other Heating: OBSO Lennox Pulse "Air Scorcher" burning NG

Post by Sting » Mon. Jun. 16, 2008 12:47 pm

I salvaged the belt, frame, and drive off an old John Deere long delivery forage blower. Worked great for soil - would be great for coal too! Check implement salvage yards for other ideas, if your handy! :idea:

bfinalle

Post by bfinalle » Mon. Jun. 16, 2008 8:26 pm

I was hoping somebody manufactured something like this but it looks like I'll have to be creative and make something. Thanks for all the ideas. I wish I had the money to just buy the truck ...

Sting
Other Heating: OBSO Lennox Pulse "Air Scorcher" burning NG

Post by Sting » Mon. Jun. 16, 2008 9:42 pm

ok... Call your local feed mill or farm equipment dealer. Ask at the gravel pit. These things are made everyday but be prepared for the sticker :shock:

Return to “Coal Bins, Chimneys, CO Detectors & Thermostats”