Hot Water Coils

This forum is for common products and questions such as chimney installations, CO detectors, coal bin designs and a variety of other general topics that do not fit into the other forums.
mmroadster
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL-110

Post Thu. Jul. 03, 2008 6:46 pm

Kendrickson wrote:The Harman diagram shows the coil plumbed into the water heater at the drain on the bottom and the pressure relief at the top. Would I be able to use this same setup on my oil boiler (using the boiler's drain and pressure relief)? It is costing me 100 dollars a month just to run my boiler for my hot water needs. It would be nice to keep the boiler hot using a coil on my stove instead of using gold......er, oil.
Do you have a stand alone hot water tank that your boiler heats up or a coil in your boiler? If you have a tank why not just plumb it into your coal stoves' coil and turn the burner off!

Kendrickson

Post Thu. Jul. 03, 2008 7:12 pm

I have a coil in my boiler, so I would have to heat the boiler water. I could get a separate tank if it was necessary, but I thought that maybe it would be possible to just supplement the boiler with heat from the coal stove.

Return to “Coal Bins, Chimneys, CO Detectors & Thermostats”