Just fill those 2 buckets with coal ash,it will smother the fire just fine .gbru316 wrote:One thing I will be doing before I fire it back up next year is filling a bucket or two with sand, just in case I ever need to shut it down quickly.
- Posts: 5152
- Joined: Fri. Nov. 22, 2013 2:17 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: 1960 EFM520 installed in truck box
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404 with variable blower
- Coal Size/Type: 404-nut, 520 rice ,anthracite for both
- Location: Jonestown,Pa.17038
- Posts: 6068
- Joined: Sun. May. 02, 2010 11:26 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
- Coal Size/Type: PEA / ANTHRACITE
- Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump
- Stove/Furnace Make: Hydro Heat /Mega Tek
- Location: Junction of PA-OH-WV
For convenient sand purchase look to big blue or big orange box stores, they carry 40 lb. bags of 'Play Sand' for kids sandbox ect..