5 Gallon Buckets

JJLL
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF-360 Boiler

Post by JJLL » Mon. May. 19, 2008 6:13 pm

spc, you beat me to it. I'd recommend a large poly bag that you can lift.

**Broken Link(s) Removed**

japar
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hearthmate

Post by japar » Mon. May. 19, 2008 6:57 pm

You might try to find a local plastic co. that does injection molding. They receive plastic pellets in large boxes on pallets that hold 2000lbs of plastic pellets, plus they come with a plastic liner. So full of coal will be 1 ton plus. The box is 3/4 " inch thick and I know wont fall apart. I have them outside in the rain not covered and it take months before they start falling apart.They generate these things so have to throw them away. I used them all the time for trash before I got a dumpster. The guy was bummed when I told him I didn't need them any more. They would make a great coal bin and you can move them with a pallet jack or fork truck. Make some local phone calls to plastic companies and ask for shipping + receiving to find if they have them.

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Mon. May. 19, 2008 8:02 pm

japar wrote:They receive plastic pellets in large boxes on pallets that hold 2000lbs of plastic pellets, plus they come with a plastic liner.
I think it's called a Gaylord.

japar
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hearthmate

Post by japar » Mon. May. 19, 2008 8:56 pm

Yes you are correct. You may want to ask for Gaylords boxes

robrose

Post by robrose » Tue. May. 20, 2008 6:21 pm

You could get five gallon buckets from your local school. All kind of cleaners come in them. During the summer most schools clean top to bottom. The school I work at gets it's floor wax in plastic five gallon buckets. We go threw about 100 in a summer and only throw them out. Give it a try.

Return to “Coal Bins, Chimneys, CO Detectors & Thermostats”