This forum is for common products and questions such as chimney installations, CO detectors, coal bin designs and a variety of other general topics that do not fit into the other forums.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 937
- Joined: Sat. Jan. 29, 2011 10:48 pm
- Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF260 Boiler
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
- Coal Size/Type: nut or pea, anthracite
- Other Heating: crown oil boiler, backup.if needed
- Location: Montrose, Pa.
this will be the 5th season on it, and the last!!! Basically its garbage when exsposed to coal gases. So... next summers project, build a block chimney with 8" clay flue tile.. GF son -n0law ust inherirted a kioti 4x4 small tactor with bucket..., got to see about digging under house from side, move all boilers to under house, replumb, etc, etc..... too many up and down lines in system connecting 2 boilers tgether, and PITA to bleed air from entire system.... Maybe all next year.
- Posts: 8281
- Joined: Wed. Nov. 16, 2011 9:51 am
- Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Overmodified/Bored out Clayton 1537
- Coal Size/Type: Anthracite/Awesome Size
- Location: Olean, NY
No no, eh-hem...davidmcbeth3 wrote:Can't wait till the wifey is harpin' on ya ? Duly noted about the metalbest ... should have gotten metalbetter?